Nova bonsai garden

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
So the deal is done and I’m relocating from Houston to Virginia. It’s a beautiful piece of property about halfway between Front Royal and Warrenton. Best of all - I’ve claimed a pasture for my garden! It’s going to be a journey - I’ve got a well to drill, a greenhouse and a cold frame to put up, a barn to build and a bunch of trees to relocate. So I’m making a little thread to document my journey. It’s exciting for me and I thought that perhaps there is interest in following the construction of a garden from a pasture. So I’ll record all my trials and tribulations here.

Here’s a picture of the pasture when I flew my drone over it back in the summer. The elevation is about 660’. There’s a small stream that runs through the woods bordering the property to the NW. The pasture consists of rolling hills - it’s been in hay and cattle primarily for many years.

30935692-0728-439B-8777-4366DC772492.jpeg

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Let me know when you move. I live in Front Royal so you are within 1/2 hour from me.
This is very exciting for me.
Actually - we’re much closer to Front Royal right now as we’ve rented a place in White Post to live during construction. We’ll be occupying it in June - I’d love to get to know the bonsai community in the area.

- S

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Congrats Scott. Virginia is a beautiful state and a good climate for lots of the bonsai usual suspects. Looking forward to the thread.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Congrats Scott. Virginia is a beautiful state and a good climate for lots of the bonsai usual suspects. Looking forward to the thread.
Thank you, Brian! I’m very excited to give some of my trees a well-deserved rest as well. My tridents are already pushing leaves. Crazy warm winter in Houston - it was in the mid-eighties today.

- S

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Actually - we’re much closer to Front Royal right now as we’ve rented a place in White Post to live during construction. We’ll be occupying it in June - I’d love to get to know the bonsai community in the area.

- S
White Post is 5 minutes from the State Arboretum. It is about 25 minutes from me.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Uh, Scott? I noticed you mentioned something about a barn, greenhouse, well, etc., but nothing about…

A koi pond!

Where are your priorities, man? Where?
Well - I’ve been trying to identify a good koi pond designer from the Atlanta area…

lol

Top Bottom