One of my favorite pots

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I had a ball at Dudley Duggars house today pawing through bonsai pots for sale. He's a local Atlanta fella that's downsizing in his old age. I got an opportunity to pick up some fantastic pots dirt cheap and meet @hometeamrocker in person for the first time. I'm most proud of my 15" Jim Gremel nanban pickup for only $50. Dudley invites haggling for wares, but I felt like I was already stealing it from him at that price. I picked up an 11" and a 6" Gremel nanban as well. I also picked up some Jim Barrett accents and a Tom Dimig fancy round. All around a good day. The 15" Gremel includes my 1 year old son for scale.
IMG_3412.jpg

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
A member showed up to our club meeting with this last week. I believe they picked it up at the Shohine convention in Kannapolis. I recognized the chop mark immediately as Bnuts Solo welcome wagon @sorce . 20190708_183531[1].jpg20190708_183541[1].jpg

Very cool silver metalic glaze with some black specks. Good size drainage hole and plenty of tie down wire holes, just like we like em!!

Well done sir!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A member showed up to our club meeting with this last week. I believe they picked it up at the Shohine convention in Kannapolis. I recognized the chop mark immediately as Bnuts Solo welcome wagon @sorce . View attachment 251930View attachment 251931

Very cool silver metalic glaze with some black specks. Good size drainage hole and plenty of tie down wire holes, just like we like em!!

Well done sir!

Bitchin. That was one of my faves!

Sorce

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I went shopping today. I could barely contain myself 😮 I got brave and went beyond just green and blue pots. I love the yellow and the red glazed pot. Close ups later. I dont know crap about pots yet. Just got what drew me in. I very much love the heft, feel, and texture of the pots on left side, on the right the glazes. I've got a feeling the yellow pot was one if those solid pieces of clay carved out from the inside.
20190723_174333.jpg

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I found the chop on Ryan's page😆 What a great way to learn! I hope to find more information.
Akebono en

It's got a glaze I love, green on blue. Some weight to it as it's chunky. A shape I wouldn't normally look for. I was pretty adventurous.
20190730_111128.jpg
20190730_110941.jpg

Beer can for scale 😆
20190730_111214.jpg

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm usually not one to get all excited over unglazed pots, but I'm pretty excited about my recent Jim Barrett pick up. It's a pretty decently sized pot at 21" and the clay color shows a little variation from a mid-brown to a speckled grey. I don't have immediate plans for it, but it may have a nice dwarf birch in its future. Either way, I'm happy to own this big ol' thing from an American great. It's one I'll hang on to for sure.
fullsizeoutput_25f9.jpeg

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm usually not one to get all excited over unglazed pots, but I'm pretty excited about my recent Jim Barrett pick up. It's a pretty decently sized pot at 21" and the clay color shows a little variation from a mid-brown to a speckled grey. I don't have immediate plans for it, but it may have a nice dwarf birch in its future. Either way, I'm happy to own this big ol' thing from an American great. It's one I'll hang on to for sure.
View attachment 255560
WOW! I have to keep an eye out for that one. Beer Advocate has it 100. The pot is a real beauty! I love those unglazed pots and this one is really crisp and balanced.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
WOW! I have to keep an eye out for that one. Beer Advocate has it 100. The pot is a real beauty! I love those unglazed pots and this one is really crisp and balanced.

KBS is a fantastic beer. It's somewhat difficult to find and definitely worth picking up if you coming across one. For sure a fall or winter beer. Oh yeah, the pot's cool too. :cool:

Reactions: Vin
Top Bottom