One of my favorite pots

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
35458EE4-5963-4685-B640-5243CA8F85FB.jpeg

I just received this yesterday from Japan. It’s actually just under two inches across, and 3/4 inch tall. It was made by Ishida Shoseki, dating from the late 1970’s, most likely from when she first moved to Imari and trained under Bunsho and before she studied painting with Miyazaki Tosato. She would go on to become famous for her exquisite painted shohin pots.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A pot of Dana Skodova and Lubos Skoda but not very easy to find the right tree .
Any angiosperm with pink/pink-ish flowers, like and azalea, chaenomeles, or cherry for examples. Likewise, almost any acer palmatum will likely work. A pinus parviflora and maybe a hemlock too could look great in it. Nice pot!!

btw, I am a big fan of Lubos Skoda pots too. Here is one of mine housing an acer shirasawanum (another kind of Japanese maple).

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
Any angiosperm with pink/pink-ish flowers, like and azalea, chaenomeles, or cherry for examples. Likewise, almost any acer palmatum will likely work. A pinus parviflora and maybe a hemlock too could look great in it. Nice pot!!

btw, I am a big fan of Lubos Skoda pots too. Here is one of mine housing an acer shirasawanum (another kind of Japanese maple).

View attachment 277747

Thank you , very nice set with your maple .

I also like their pot , they bring joy and originality to the shelves .

I had put a Hawthorn on it but the pot was a little too eye - catching and too big comparef to the trunk thickness .

20200107_222932.jpg

I also used it for a summer set

20200107_223701.jpg

Top Bottom