grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey, everyone knows that all the Arrogant, Pompous, Elitest, Bonsai Snob Elements are at AoB. ;)

Will

You are, of course, correct, Will.

This august title was bestowed upon me and a few others by a newby at BS who I believe had not yet discovered the professional moves of the AOB crowd. I'm still proud to have been given the amateur level title, however, although you'll notice that it lacks the much coveted "Elitist" qualifier that we all long for. :)

grouper52

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I discovered that Vance Wood lived only a stones throw from me, although my blessing may well have been his curse. ;)

Will

No curse, I have enjoyed the relationship, besides if that were not the case I have an ignore switch in my life that I can use effectively.

Thanks Vance, although I have found out that using the ignore switch often leads to drawing the very attention that you seeked to avoid, lol.

See you in a couple hours,

Will
Are you guys done pulling each others...legs?

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
They can trace you thru your IP and find out your real name

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
They can trace you thru your IP and find out your real name

Yeah right!, I ran the registration thru a proxy in North Korea.

I can only imagine how my IP could be traced…

from hypothetical letter...

TO: Most exalted, Kim Jong Il
SUBJECT: Boondock witch-hunt

Dear Kim,
I am a highly regarded, well respected and well known member of the online bonsai community. I created and moderate (with a dictatorial presence, I know you like that) a very loved website called Art Of Bonsai. (AOB has the worlds best galleries from the best bonsai artists, the best blogs, from the best bonsai writers, and the best forums, from the best people. It simply is the best!) Recently, it has come to my attention, that a rascally fellow by the name of Boondock, has infiltrated my website using a pseudo name.

I am writing to ask if I could have access to your server logs, to help track down this evil culprit’s IP address.

(ps, How do you get your hair to do that?, I’ve been trying for years to get mine do sit on my head in such a fashion. What do you use?

Very Respected
Will Heath

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Yeah right!, I ran the registration thru a proxy in North Korea.

I can only imagine how my IP could be traced…

What is your problem? Can't you and Zilch find something more constructive to do?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
AoB ?

I'm a member there, just not under my "real" name. :eek:

I seriously doubt that any one cares where and who you lie to, but hey, as long as you're having fun!

As to your fictional letter above, please don't put words into my mouth, assume you know anything about me or the letters I write, or make the assumtion that I care enopugh about you to even care.

If you want this crap to start again, you are on the right path.

Will

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Can you fellas (ALL) Get back to the topic?
Let's not be going backward in time.
Mom

Reaction score
I have learned that bonsai is OK, it's a life choice, and there is nothing wrong with it. LOL
I have really learned a lot about people, and the people in bonsai.
I have learned that there are people who don't understand philosophy if a great guitar player utters it. That there are people who do not take their art/hobby seriously enough, while taking themselves WAY too seriously. I have also learned that there others who take their art/hobby too seriously and will do anything, no matter how underhanded, to advance his/her name. And that they have friends who will interject themselves into conversations that they themselves were not previously engaged, with a post of no useful information, to defend the erroneous remarks of their friend.
God I love bonsai !

Some one earlier mentioned Walter Pall, we could add many to that list, of people I would have never known exist, or not for a long while any how. People who truly bring something to this art form (or hobby if that's what it is to you), and expect nothing in return, they really do it for the love of the game.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jeremy,

Don't forget those who, without knowing a single thing about a person first hand or having ever met the person or even had a on-line conversation with them, will make blanket assumptions based solely on what others have said, being too lazy or ignorant to actually make their own judgements without the influences of others.....

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
No Chris, we are having a conversation, feel free to ignore it if the thought of friendship bothers you.

Will

Calm down, calm down. Man, I go away for a few hours and the places starts to fall apart :rolleyes:.

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
Chris you're right.

Will Heath, I apologize about my hypothetical letter, I was just having a little fun. Humor is a part of life, ya know?

Life is not all about bonsai and my intention is not to litter this forum with my irreverent humor.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Juat callin' it like I see it. That's what I've seen since I've joined this site. Which was only two days ago.
But we have have conversations on other sites in the past, on which I use a pseudo name.
The point I was trying to make is just this, what is going on here now, betwen you and I, as well as others here. A lot of back and forth with no bonsai being mentioned at all. I think it's great, that beginners can learn so much, from such a great resource. LOL
Jeremy

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Juat callin' it like I see it. That's what I've seen since I've joined this site. Which was only two days ago.
But we have have conversations on other sites in the past, on which I use a pseudo name.
The point I was trying to make is just this, what is going on here now, betwen you and I, as well as others here. A lot of back and forth with no bonsai being mentioned at all. I think it's great, that beginners can learn so much, from such a great resource. LOL

Wow, two days on the forum and you're already insulting people and posting non-topic related attacks, you'll fit right in with a few others here, but considering the forum you came from, this is no surprise to anyone. As to what is going on here between you and I, need I mention it is the direct result of your post and as always, I responded. Did you honestly expect to make such a post and not be called on it?

May I suggest worrying more about bonsai than myself? Although I appreciate the fact that you are obviously trying to pick a fight, I think your bonsai would be better served if you focused on actual discussion of bonsai and not the participants of the forum.

I don't need anymore deranged fans, thank you,

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
May I suggest worrying more about bonsai than myself? Although I appreciate the fact that you are obviously trying to pick a fight, I think your bonsai would be better served if you focused on actual discussion of bonsai and not the participants of the forum.

Will

That's good advice anytime. I recently got more involved here for that very reason. Some things in my own life that I had gotten control of were spinning out of control here in other peoples' posts. You want a forum to disintegrate? Let that crap keep going.

If I have a problem with a specific post, I will address that post. But it's going to be specific.

Otherwise, this has the potential to be a really great forum for intermediate and advanced bonsai discussion. Can we leave the other stuff at home, please?

Top Bottom