PBA wisteria

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Really sorry to hear that...terminal illness is a real kick in the gut on all aspects of it. Wouldn't wish that in my least favorite person. My prayers are with you and your family...

I've paid more than $50 on shipping for a tiny dinky tree. Was a bit shocked but had already made intentions to take the tree. The one now ships another way...and shipping costs are lower.

I know Priority is decent on price. I know though that Scott Lee has I believe always used FedEx...but ships so much he may get a break...because I feel his shipping is very fare. I've gotten three amazing trees and a rabbit foots fern from him. Always happy all around with price.

I need to get rid of some eye candy decor off my benches in my greenhouse. For it looks maxed to the hilt for trees for storage when in use. Added the two this year...and it filled up fast. I would imagine you have far more trees than I. And I am even pondering the thinning of a few...
Fifty bucks is relative, I guess. I just picked an oak from Alvaro Arciniegas while I was down in Texas. Picking it up in person saved me $300 in shipping, not to mention the inevitable smashed and broken limbs that come with shipping large trees. Alvaro said he was not looking forward to shipping the tree and hadn't figured out how to pack it, even though he sends a lot of trees around the country. It's a very odd shape, leaning to one side (just like the wisteria) doubling or tripling the space that container would take up.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How much do you want total shipped to NM 87109? @rockm

Aaron
Like I said, not really all about the cost. It's about the hassle. I'm traveling quite a bit these days in support of a terminally ill relative. Haven't really got the time or the inclination to make the effort to ship it.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
No, I hate going to the post office myself. So I'm so on board with your reasoning...and I don't have the travel your doing with the terminally ill relative in the mix.

I so did not see your taking this back home...plain nuts! No one at your club wants it either I presume...or you wouldn't have offered it here. Do you do Facebook? Maybe a few members in the group there could be in your driving distance?

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Like I said, not really all about the cost. It's about the hassle. I'm traveling quite a bit these days in support of a terminally ill relative. Haven't really got the time or the inclination to make the effort to ship it.
I'm sorry to hear about the family problems :(

If you ever decide otherwise, you know who to message.

Aaron

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Thoughts and prayers are with you. Maybe you can let the tree go until later?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thoughts and prayers are with you. Maybe you can let the tree go until later?
Nope. Have to get rid of it now. I keep tripping over it. It takes up alot of room and there isn't enough of that in my tiny backyard for it and new trees. It's only a matter of time before something gets broken.

Last edited:
Top Bottom