Plum tree question

Justin.

Seedling
Reaction score
My sagretia theezans is turning a wierd orange and yellow with spots on some of the leaves. What could this be?

leaftree.jpg

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
All I see is one discolored leaf. Are there more? What percentage of the leaf canopy?

It could well be just old leaves. Evergreen is not FORevergreen.

Otherwise, suspect a fungal or bacterial disease, and i know very little about this species so cannot avise as to what kinds might attack them.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This looks like it might be an over/under watering issue. The soil the plant is actuall growing in is beneath that layer of surface rocks. Remove the rocks (permanently) to look at the underlying soil. If it is soggy, you might want to review your watering.

BTW, you probably already know this, but, "Sweet plum" Sagretia Theezans is not a plum species. It is a subtropical plant. You can't treat it like temperate climate plum (prunus species) as freezing temperatures will kill it.

Reaction score
justin where are you as well, and is this plant grown outside, or inside??? Also, do you see ants on the plant? Often times these will get bugs... ants are usually a sign, cause they are feeding on the bugs. Often these type of plants will get scale, which will turn the leaves yellow at first, and will eventually kill the plant.
so, if it is not the watering, check for bugs, and be sure to look underneath the leaves...

Top Bottom