Poor man's die grinder

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Or maybe just a lazy man's way of doing it. Since I moved my big boxwood from sitting on the ground to up on a 2 foot high bench, the broken snag just kept catching my eye. Out come the concave cutters an I nibbled away at it. It needed just a bit more smoothing and I was too lazy to string out the extension cord and plug in the die grinder for 1 minute's work. This is what I came up with.

100_2249.JPG

It's one of the 5 rotory rasps I got from Harbor Freight for $5.00. It made short work of the little bit of smoothing I had to do. It actually worked VERY well. For someone with smaller trees, a set of these rasps would come in very handy just clamped in a set of grip pliers.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Or maybe just a lazy man's way of doing it. Since I moved my big boxwood from sitting on the ground to up on a 2 foot high bench, the broken snag just kept catching my eye. Out come the concave cutters an I nibbled away at it. It needed just a bit more smoothing and I was too lazy to string out the extension cord and plug in the die grinder for 1 minute's work. This is what I came up with.

View attachment 254246

It's one of the 5 rotory rasps I got from Harbor Freight for $5.00. It made short work of the little bit of smoothing I had to do. It actually worked VERY well. For someone with smaller trees, a set of these rasps would come in very handy just clamped in a set of grip pliers.
Nothing like a full set of Armstrong tools! Reduces environmental issues such as noise, excess dust, electrical energy consumption.

Top Bottom