Radialayer™ a season saver.

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Time of year you start it doesn't matter as much as time of year you remove it, and it's most important to know you can leave em on over winter.

I don't think size is a determining factor, except for, the larger or is, the more work it is, and since humans are lazy and not very thorough, it makes sense we say larger stuff won't root. I don't believe it.

Sorce
Size matters not. Do or do not, there is no try. My next set will be attempted using this method.

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
For those in the US trying airlayers if you have trouble with finding decent quantities of sphagnum moss I found out Mosser Lee and Mossman are the only two people to get it from in more than 1 cu. ft. In FL. May or may not be needed or helpful but I use it with rooting a lot and can’t find it at reasonable prices. Bulk buying is going to save me a lot of money!

John P.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a

FINALLY have some good news re: the layer of my Sharp’s Pygmy:

FEE89217-F3C5-47EA-B301-54ED889D7930.jpeg
81213D5D-8E08-49E3-A455-0C791421C8FC.jpeg

Looks like the Radialayer™performed as it should yet again—root extending horizontally until it hit a wall. This tree should be on its own roots after all. I was getting worried there for a minute. It took seven weeks to give me a visible sign. Layers done earlier in the year tend to be faster.

Top Bottom