Random Photos from the Back Yard :-)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

This is just for entertainment. Favorite bits of wood... flowers... trees... It's a nice bunch of stuff. :)

V

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Doubtlessly someone will be annoyed at the lack of labeling... this list is more or less in relative order to what can be seen. But I didn't repeat species. :p

Satsuki Azalea, Sweet Gum, Trident Maple, Kotohime Japanese Maple, Acre Ginnala, Redwood, Larch, San Jose Juniper, Bougainvillea,Zinfindel Grape, Boxwood, Tsukumo Cypress, Mugo Pine, Azalea (double blossom), Korean Hornbeam, Blindman Wisertia

V

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Looking great Mrs. Vic!
How are those corkers from Dave DeWire doing?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If I leave now, I can be there in.... 3 days??? Wonderful photos, love the wood shots! I can almost hear the bees buzzing around.
:)

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Lots of great looking trees. Thanks for sharing.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
saw some nice monkey poles! but where's the monkeys? :)

wished all mine look as well manicured...

thanks for the tour!

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very nice trees! Thanks for sharing.

I think your yard have enough free space for a few more stands/shelves. ;) LOL

I would volunteer in a heartbeat if I am closer (...so you can mentor me, always a hidden agenda LOL). :D BTW, love the deadwood.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Vic and i will be volunteering today at weyerhauser and working on a few good trees :)
Always enjoy sharing a day. :)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Great photos and photography. I love the deadwood photos. That kotohime is cool; looks a bit like a shishigashira from the whole tree photo.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Everything looks so good. The photography is first rate as well.

The tree I circled, is this a coastal redwood? Whatever it is, can we get more pics of it?

Also, I sent you a pm and I think an email about a couple/few weeks ago. Not sure if you got them.:D

Rob

g10[1].jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Great photos and photography. I love the deadwood photos. That kotohime is cool; looks a bit like a shishigashira from the whole tree photo.

Thanks Don! The kotohime was the very first tree I ever got for my hubby. I wanted to start him off on something grand. :) It's come a long way over the last 6 years.

When we first got it we were told it was Shishigashira... but when we compared it to another in Daniel Robinson's garden we realized it wasn't. The leaves don't have any of the frilled edges or curl at the tips. It's very flat like a palmatum, but extremely dense on mature growth.

This is a photo of shishigashira leaves. If you compare it to the close up of our leaves, you'll see they are very different. With some research, the only thing it matches is kotohime.

shishigashira_sz_237.jpg

Kindly,

Victrinia

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If I leave now, I can be there in.... 3 days??? Wonderful photos, love the wood shots! I can almost hear the bees buzzing around.
:)

You ALWAYS have a place to stay with us. I'm only sorry we didn't connect when you were in the area. I'd set you loose in the yard without hesitation. lol I've been getting more help lately actually... folks wanna learn, and we don't mind the help. :)

V

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very nice trees! Thanks for sharing.

I think your yard have enough free space for a few more stands/shelves. ;) LOL

I would volunteer in a heartbeat if I am closer (...so you can mentor me, always a hidden agenda LOL). :D BTW, love the deadwood.

Lol more stands and shelves would be awesome... but we don't want to build more until the landscaping gets done some day. Personally I'd like to cull more. But I talk about culling and Eric suddenly gets sentimental about them. lol He talked about selling the tree he sent to the exhibition and I get sentimental.... we're screwed. :p

The dangers of two people eyes deep into bonsai - you get a lot of trees. :p And you'd also be very welcomed in my back yard. :)

V

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Vic and i will be volunteering today at weyerhauser and working on a few good trees :)
Always enjoy sharing a day. :)

It was awesome getting to work with you all day cuz! I'm going back next week to finish the Chinese Plum I started at the end of the day. It's got at least another 4-5 hours left in it. :rolleyes: Good thing I like being thorough. lol

V

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Everything looks so good. The photography is first rate as well.

The tree I circled, is this a coastal redwood? Whatever it is, can we get more pics of it?

Also, I sent you a pm and I think an email about a couple/few weeks ago. Not sure if you got them.:D

Rob

View attachment 36400

It is indeed a coast redwood... It's Eric's. He acquired it in CA at GSBF a few years ago from Bob Shimon. We have a few trees he and Zack have collected. I'll try and get some decent photos for you soon, but the lovely deadwood image two photos below the image you edited is it also.

I haven't responded yet... :eek: sorry Robbie... I'll get on that. :eek:

V

Top Bottom