Shade Mesh?

Rodrigo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have a couple of Japanese Maples that I'll need to protect from the harsh Texas summer heat (I only get afternoon sun at the moment). The only shade mesh I've found in stores was at Lowe's but it's way too much for what I need (price and quantity) and it also blocks about 75% of light, which I assume is too much.

Does anyone have any recommendations for mesh that I can (hopefully) buy in a store and not have to order? I've been to a couple of landscape nurseries but none of them don't carry mesh, even though they use it for their own trees.

Side note, does the Kashima Maple scorch easily? I know there are some maples more resistant than others but I can't find anything on Kashima specifically about that.

James W.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have had pretty good luck with shadeclothstore.com, plenty of options and price points to choose from.
Sorry, I can't think of a store.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Mosquito mesh? Use a double layer and you'll filter out approximately 40-50% of ligt intensity.
I've been using it for my indoor tropicals when they're outside, and the stuff works pretty well. It's cheap, light, durable, and it comes in various sizes and usually even with proper material to fix it into place.
The shade cloths we use at the company I work for, are basically the same stuff for 3000% of the price.

I don't know anything about maples, unless that the native ones around here are tough to kill.

Top Bottom