shall we stop?

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Ang,
I should slap my own face for contributing to this waste of a thread on the 'fight site' . . .

:( Dale :(

I am glad you posted here. I wish you would more often. People with your skill have so much to offer!

You think of it as the "fight site"? Wow that is sad. I wish that was not the perception. I know people are a bit cranky here but the way I see it they are at least not as snobbish and elitist as some of the other sites.

Back to the FLW discussion! This is the best hijack I have seen in a long time! Now I can get an architectural history education with my bonsai this is a step up.

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
:( Dale :(

I am glad you posted here. I wish you would more often. People with your skill have so much to offer!

You think of it as the "fight site"? Wow that is sad. I wish that was not the perception. I know people are a bit cranky here but the way I see it they are at least not as snobbish and elitist as some of the other sites.

Back to the FLW discussion! This is the best hijack I have seen in a long time! Now I can get an architectural history education with my bonsai this is a step up.

That wasn't even close to some of the best hijacks, hang around, some may drive you nuts. Most of the time, they occur when a thread has run it's course. How many ways can you say that stick will make a nice literati.

Harry

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

What I want to know is where all the bonsai blogging comes from... not that I mind... but everyone and their dog (and their dog's fleas) has a freaking blog... yes I have one but its not a bonsai blog :p

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Blogs became so popular when bonsai forums went downhill. If I post some images on a forum they will be moved to anther section, they will get silly or nasty remarks, they will disappear eventually, forums will get hacked and all the effort was in vain, I have do deal with all sorts of lunatics and trolls and silly admins.
Bonsai blogs only make sense if they are visited. This is the crux. Any dog flea can have a blog but nobody will read it. My blog is visited by between 500 and 1000 folks EVERY day. This is more than the most frequented threads on the most active bosani forums in the world. This should be prove that blogs do make sense.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Blogs became so popular when bonsai forums went downhill. If I post some images on a forum they will be moved to anther section, they will get silly or nasty remarks, they will disappear eventually, forums will get hacked and all the effort was in vain, I have do deal with all sorts of lunatics and trolls and silly admins.
Bonsai blogs only make sense if they are visited. This is the crux. Any dog flea can have a blog but nobody will read it. My blog is visited by between 500 and 1000 folks EVERY day. This is more than the most frequented threads on the most active bosani forums in the world. This should be prove that blogs do make sense.
I agree Walter they do make sense.... and I know yours is visited often.... ;) I wasn't talking about you :p

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Hey Ang,

I did a blog because posting pictures on forums sucks! I think it is part operator error on my part though, but inorder for me to post I have to make the pictures so small it just isn't worth it. So on my blog I can have huge picture, lots of them and it is very fast and east to do. If I could find a way to get larger pics on the forums, like embedding them or something I would post more on forums.

I have a ton of things to go on the blog this winter and coming spring.....I bet I have atleast 80 good trees that haven't been touched yet......fun stuff!

Thanks Bonsai Garage!

Jason

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hey Ang,

I did a blog because posting pictures on forums sucks! I think it is part operator error on my part though, but inorder for me to post I have to make the pictures so small it just isn't worth it. So on my blog I can have huge picture, lots of them and it is very fast and east to do. If I could find a way to get larger pics on the forums, like embedding them or something I would post more on forums.

I have a ton of things to go on the blog this winter and coming spring.....I bet I have atleast 80 good trees that haven't been touched yet......fun stuff!

Thanks Bonsai Garage!

Jason

Photobucket includes the BBcode IMG tag for images you upload.... cut and paste... easy enough. but I understand the needs for them.... and i believe most ppl are doing it as you said as a place to put up progressions and images. I guess it just makes me laugh sometimes (I am one of those people who has a blog for a different topic and still doesn't update it very much either).

tombeur

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
how true!!!

and unlike some people KK can take it as well as he can dish it out.

Seems to me that he can dish it out but when he has to take it he escalates.

Sorry KK, I still admire your skill.

Cheers,

Steve

tombeur

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
BTW this is the first thread that I ever started anywhere that went on for 7 pages. How embarrassing.

Steve

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats Steve, you are turning out to be a super star! Just wanted to celebrate with you a little.

Attachments

• Party.jpg
    Party.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 31

Asus101

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OK, you don't get a chance like this very often. I hate Germany.....that's right I hate it. The Germans put two slugs in my Grandfather's bum

That's what he gets for mooning the enemy into submission. It only worked for the Scots.

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
That's what he gets for mooning the enemy into submission. It only worked for the Scots.

He also trout fished with a gentleman that saved your Grandfather from getting slugs in his bum if he lived in Aus.

Top Bottom