Share Your Wallpapers/Backgrounds

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I collect desktop wallpapers for my computer. I get bored quickly looking at the same picture all the time, so I currently have 1,520, and my setting fixed to rotate through the entire folder at 10 minute increments.
It's good for keeping your mind going when staring at a screen all day, and every once in a while one just pops up that makes you go, "that's exactly what I needed to see right now."
There are probably one or two I stole from this site before I joined. Sorry if I took your stuff.

I'll share some, and if you have any good ones, you can, too.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Mine on my work computer is the view from our room when we went to the Bahamas for a big anniversary.patio bahamas.jpg

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
screenshot.jpg

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.gif steamuserimages-a2akamaihd.net.gif

I have become a big fan of animated wallpapers. I highly recommend Wallpaper Engine, which you can buy on Steam for $3.99, and which comes with an almost limitless number of animated wallpapers (1.3 million and counting) that people continue to add to. It also includes all the tools necessary to create or edit your own animated wallpapers. The engine works with Razer Chroma and CUE (Corsair) so that you can coordinate the wallpaper lighting with your peripherals. There is nothing cooler than watching your keyboard coordinate its lighting scheme with your wallpaper :) Some wallpapers can also be coordinated with your audio system... so you can have a desktop animated dog DJ to play your tunes :)

Some wallpapers are busier than others. On my main screen I have a 4K image of the Earth from space... rotating very slowly. Once you realize the stars are also moving in the background, it becomes almost hypnotic :)

screeny.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Currently on my phone, it’s a pic of my wife making a silly face that I dare not post, so here’s my last one

I have a bunch on my laptop. I had it set to change the pic every hr. Unfortunately, the wife synced her Microsoft profile with the desktop, so the desktop seasonal wallpaper shows on my laptop. I don’t know how to fix it

Attachments

• D117AEB1-9A0C-472D-A403-12E30ECE7E6E.jpeg
    D117AEB1-9A0C-472D-A403-12E30ECE7E6E.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Let's just say, for those of us who are not MS fans, the fact that Microsoft continues to try to insinuate itself into every aspect of our lives is extremely annoying.
I agree.
The fact that Google doesn't have to try any more, though, is really scary.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I agree.
The fact that Google doesn't have to try any more, though, is really scary.
I appreciate Google and understand it for what it is. There are boundaries.

However when I buy an operating system for my personal computer, I don't expect it to try to reach into my cell phone. Google certainly doesn't try to reach into my PC. Microsoft has all the consumer sophistication of a sledgehammer.

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
CachedImage_3840_2160_POS0.jpg

One of my favorite 4K wallpapers. Hohenzollern castle. (PS the reason it is a little blurry is because this wallpaper exceeds the file size limit on bonsainut. If you want the full uncompressed image, send me a PM)

Last edited:

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Microsoft has all the consumer sophistication of a sledgehammer.
Nicely put.
Some years ago I was learning Ubuntu and enjoying it, then interruptions in life. As soon as my current interruptions settle some, I think I'll reformat my old laptop and try again.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Nicely put.
Some years ago I was learning Ubuntu and enjoying it, then interruptions in life. As soon as my current interruptions settle some, I think I'll reformat my old laptop and try again.
It is an interesting conunbrum. On one hand, Windows 10 was "free". The upgrade to Windows 11 is "free". However at each step, MS continues to try to force me to adopt their version of an integrated future... none of which, by the way, has anything to do with me booting a computer and getting it to recognize the hardware infrastructure (aka Operating System). Similar to Fortnite, MS has figured out that it is more profitable to give away the core for free, and charge for the add-ons (in this case being cloud storage, etc). Though I'm a capitalist at heart, I am NOT a monopolist. Capitalism means freedom of choice... and the best rise to the top.

But this has nothing to do with PC wallpapers.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I appreciate Google and understand it for what it is. There are boundaries.

However when I buy an operating system for my personal computer, I don't expect it to try to reach into my cell phone. Google certainly doesn't try to reach into my PC. Microsoft has all the consumer sophistication of a sledgehammer.
I usually deny as much of its fingers as possible. I only like to be connected just enough, not every little aspect of my life

But back to wallpaper

Attachments

• A3BB658E-7A51-4DF1-9CB2-227367A30936.jpeg
    A3BB658E-7A51-4DF1-9CB2-227367A30936.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I used to download a number of them off Imgur or StumbleUpon. Haven’t used either in years though. Some random stuff here and there, but nothing binge worthy like browsing an album of 1,500 images

Top Bottom