Share your weather!

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Mt Washington NH, probably breaking record low.
Record is -47F or -44C.
It was -45F at 5pm today.
View attachment 471072View attachment 471073
We rode the cog railway up Mt Washington a few years back in the Fall.
Had the highest recorded wind speed on Earth for 62 years on April 12, 1934 at 231 mph.
Got a kite?
Maybe umbrella? Or, ya know, anything?
Damn that's windy!

Ininaatigoons

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
A apprentice of mines father . Spent several years in Siberia . Working as a engineer . They were converting military bases . Into residential . Housing . He told me they don’t put a priority on cleaning snow from the sidewalks . The priority is keeping the icicles clear off the buildings. You can slip and fall on the sidewalk . But the icicles become 10 to 15 foot long spears and kill people . When they fall . 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Holy crap!

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mt Washington NH, probably breaking record low.
Record is -47F or -44C.
It was -45F at 5pm today.
View attachment 471072View attachment 471073
We rode the cog railway up Mt Washington a few years back in the Fall.
Had the highest recorded wind speed on Earth for 62 years on April 12, 1934 at 231 mph.
That’s insane conditions.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
-32c when I woke up at 7.30 am . After working on frozen cars all week . I can’t seem to come up with a reason to go outside today 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Don't blame you.
16C today after pipes freezing earlier in the week. I'd like to get out of the house, but hiking without my dog is still upsetting (I hardly went out without her for almost 10 years, I'm ok with you calling me a softy) I don't have money to spend downtown, and I don't think the ground is quite soft enough to replace broken fenceposts on my dad's property.
Maybe a walk to the library?

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't blame you.
16C today after pipes freezing earlier in the week. I'd like to get out of the house, but hiking without my dog is still upsetting (I hardly went out without her for almost 10 years, I'm ok with you calling me a softy) I don't have money to spend downtown, and I don't think the ground is quite soft enough to replace broken fenceposts on my dad's property.
Maybe a walk to the library?
Sorry to hear about your dog . Losing pets is tough . There so loyal .

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sorry to hear about your dog . Losing pets is tough . There so loyal .
I really do appreciate it. It was a couple months ago, but she was a big part of my life. The kids can't remember a time she wasn't there.

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
immagine frozen waterfalls too
sometimes the ones on our house were a good 10 inches thick
or one basket balls diameter thick, and 2 basketballs wide, very heavy at 15 feet tall
2 things most don’t consider about ice . One is hardness it is more than just frozen water . The colder it is the harder it becomes . Very cold ice can be incredibly hard . 2 moving water had incredible resistance to freezing . In bitter cold temps . Amazing natural artwork is formed . Icicles are a example . But think of a wilderness fast moving stream . That sprays water up into frigid air . Creating breathtaking . Wonders clinging to trees . And Rock

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really do appreciate it. It was a couple months ago, but she was a big part of my life. The kids can't remember a time she wasn't there.
In my twenties. I had a pure breed Malamute husky male . Incredible dog true dog of the north would happily sleep outside in -20c in a snowstorm . Can still vision him popping out of a snow pile . With tail wagging . Hated the heat we lived in a old farm house . He would hide in the cool basement in the heat of summer . Had to put ice in his water . I shake my head at people today that . Get the breed because there pretty 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Then wonder why the high energy breed mis behaves locked up in a house . 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ .

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Was 60 today. Will be 58ish for the 10 day

I’m afraid buds are going to start popping and not have time to do anything

Yes, I’m talking about buds breaking in the beginning of February
Those conditions are common around here.
So long as the temperatures continue to drop below 40 most of the night the trees will stay dormant. If it gets to the freezing point for a couple hours at a time a few nights over that 10 days, doesn't matter what else happens, that alone buys you another month with most temperate species.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Sunny and 57 here currently, great day to walk around the Missouri Botanical garden and attend the orchid show for my birthday.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Was 60 today. Will be 58ish for the 10 day

I’m afraid buds are going to start popping and not have time to do anything

Yes, I’m talking about buds breaking in the beginning of February
Our state bird made it's way back, makes me think spring has sprung. It hasn't and won't in Mich for awhile yet.

Robin_2_5_23.JPG

We had snow not rain this time last year. Still going to get below freezing some nights.

weather_2_5_23.JPG

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Those conditions are common around here.
So long as the temperatures continue to drop below 40 most of the night the trees will stay dormant. If it gets to the freezing point for a couple hours at a time a few nights over that 10 days, doesn't matter what else happens, that alone buys you another month with most temperate species.
Good info. Yah, it’ll be getting below freezing at night

I can’t wait for it to be above 40 at night. My P afra needs real sun! Not an LED light

Top Bottom