Should I decandle my JBP 'now'?

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The active ingredient in Infuse Granular is Thiophanate Methyl. (The liquid Infuse product is Propaconizole.) You can get Thiophanate Methyl in several other products, Thiomyl being the route I went initially. The infuse product is the only Granular version I'm aware of though.
Understood, facing the same restrictions on Thiophanate Methyl products, basically any of the systemic fungicides. I ordered Thimyl on the reccomendation of another Bonsai Nut member and they cancelled the online order due to shipping restrictions.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Understood, facing the same restrictions on Thiophanate Methyl products, basically any of the systemic fungicides. I ordered Thimyl on the reccomendation of another Bonsai Nut member and they cancelled the online order due to shipping restrictions.
The product I used to recommend was the Granular Cleary’s 3336. But it’s a Fungicide designed for lawns, and you had to get a 70 lb bag! I found the Bonide Infuse GRANULAR product (not the liquid) to have the same active ingredient as the Cleary’s, and it comes in a much smaller quantity.

I got mine on Amazon.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The product I used to recommend was the Granular Cleary’s 3336. But it’s a Fungicide designed for lawns, and you had to get a 70 lb bag! I found the Bonide Infuse GRANULAR product (not the liquid) to have the same active ingredient as the Cleary’s, and it comes in a much smaller quantity.

I got mine on Amazon.

Amazon.com won't ship to Canada either!:eek:.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Next time you take one of your road trips to Boon’s have him order you some. (Assuming he can get it in California.)
Thought of that, going in September! However not for sale in California according to my research. looks like Montana might be my best option so far;). It is on my way to the Dakotas and then on to Bryce Canyon and the Grand Canyon before invading California. They usually check for fruit and veggies on the way in to California:eek:. Not usually on the way out, i wonder why? Somehow i think it will work out just need to wait a few months. Fortunately we are into the dry season so fungal issues are minimal.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@0soyoung

what was it, 2-3 weeks from pruning?

View attachment 249057

I've maybe got buds beginning to show on my JBP stick JBPstick_Inked2019-06-26.jpg

but none yet in evidence on my JBP 'thunderhead' .JBPthunder_2019-06-26.jpg
Both were decandled on 5June19, exactly 3 weeks ago.

My landscape JBP was decandled the day before, on 4 June and in the apical area of it I could find just a few apparent adventitious buds. The most distinct ones look like this.

tmjudd1

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Looks like it, the packaging is different from what i have seen before. I cannot read the basic ingredient is it Methyl Thiophonate?

2.08% Thiophanate - methyl is all I read. 2.08% doesn't sound like much, however. It also comes with a warning label that states; "This product contains 'Thiophanate - methyl, a chemical known in the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." If this is the right stuff... "It's a good thing that I live in Texas where this product will be safe to use!"

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
2.08% Thiophanate - methyl is all I read. 2.08% doesn't sound like much, however. It also comes with a warning label that states; "This product contains 'Thiophanate - methyl, a chemical known in the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." If this is the right stuff... "It's a good thing that I live in Texas where this product will be safe to use!"
That is the correct ingredient. Seems like everything recommended has that warning on it. Must be the California climate that changes metal, chemicals, plastics, you name it into something that causes birth defects and reproductive harm.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That is the correct ingredient. Seems like everything recommended has that warning on it. Must be the California climate that changes metal, chemicals, plastics, you name it into something that causes birth defects and reproductive harm.
Everything in California has that warning on it.

エドガー

Shohin
Reaction score
Lol... the most surprising one I saw.... Nori seaweed and any other seaweed food products (saw the warning labels at a Japanese grocery). Smh

tmjudd1

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I placed an order for the stuff... as well as a few more needful things. Does anyone know if this 2.08% Thiophanate - methyl product will 'also' be an effective tool for fighting 'black-spot' on rose bush leaves?

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The label's available online to read thru. See my list below.
thiomyl.txt
Anthracnose
Ascochyta
Black Spot
Blumeriella
Botrytis
Brown Rot And Blight
Cercospora
Coccomyes
Curvularia
Cylindrocladium
Diaporthe (Twig Blights, Cankers, And Diebacks)
Didymellina
Diplocarbon Rosae
Diplodia Pinaea (Pine Tip Blight)
Entomosporium
Fabraea
Fusarium
Fusiciadium Leaf Scab
Gliocladium
Gymnosporangium (Rust)
Kabatina (Twig Blights, Cankers, And Diebacks)
Marssonina
Microsphaera
Monilinia
Mycosphaerella
Myrothecium
Myrotheclum
Odium
Ovulinia Blight
Penicillium
Phoma
Phoma (Twig Blights, Cankers, And Diebacks)
Phomopsis (Twig Blights, Cankers, And Diebacks)
Phyllactinia
Physalospora
Podosphaera
Powdery Mildew (Erysiphe)
Puccinia (Rust)
Ramularia
Ramularia
Rhizoctonia
Schizothyrium
Sclerotinia
Sclerotinia
Septoria