Sign posts

Ceijay

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I made these tiny sign posts a really long time ago and finally got them back today. I sometimes see them in bonsai pots with Japanese writing on them and they are also in a Nintendo game called "Aminal crossing" in America. Plus look how cute they are!

Anyway what are they? Or rather, what are they for? In my game they are exactly that, sign posts. Specifically the arched roofed one cause that's the one I see in bonsai and AC.

image.jpg image.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Narnia?

I am trying to contain this.

It almost has to be said.....

Sorce

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ok, first thing first. Animal Crossing, ::: high five ::: love that game. We are now friends. How you made these, I'm really curious about. I attempted once and used some sort of marker on popsicle sticks but of course they will fade, I knew that but still wanted to try it. I have tried cutting those popsicle sticks to size and using a wood burner to etch characters into them. Here's one of my tags with knaji on them.
11024397_381826455275300_943870379_n.jpg

They don't really last either. After a few months, the dark lettering will fade and you're left with just those tags with indentations on them. Kind of like you taking a pen that ran out of ink and you start writing on these things.

Ceijay

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Ok, first thing first. Animal Crossing, ::: high five ::: love that game. We are now friends. How you made these, I'm really curious about.

I have a little half Japanese village and all the bonsai in my house lol. We can trade friend codes some time.

Anyway I just made a slab and then made a bunch of tiny little planks then assembled everything. They shrank way more than I way expecting though. If i had trees or plants in my garden that I thought might last I would have written something on it but instead I kept them plain for now since I can make more.

Also those tags look cool. Wish I could read kanji lol.

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dip them in preservative or marine spar after they're done?
CW
I haven't tried dipping them in anything because I thought this would be the end all solution. I haven't gone and made anymore because they do take a bit of time to make.

Top Bottom