So, You Think You're Good With Graphics?

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Emil, I like this one too. Do you create everything on your Wacom? I'm taking a break from graphics for awhile. Feel like my ideas are getting stale. I'm laid off from my job, so I've got plenty of time.:(
I'm running water lines for mistier/drip hoses in my greenhouse to keep busy. Here's one I will submit.

Attachments

• ASPAC-Logo-2.jpg
    ASPAC-Logo-2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 40

Emil Brannstrom

Yamadori
Reaction score
Emil, I like this one too. Do you create everything on your Wacom?

Not everything. I have the keyboard in my lap and use the mouse with my right hand (always do) but I'm really left handed so the wacom stays in the left :) . The Wacom is not so good for patterns and more graphic/designy stuff (at least not in PS) but as soon as I want an organic shape I use it.

I'm taking a break from graphics for awhile. Feel like my ideas are getting stale.

I always start out really constipated but usually loosen up after a couple of drawings, but I know what you mean. Try to "kill your darlings" and maybe things will improve? Also, look at other logos. Oh, and try to keep the graphics simple while maintaining the symbolic content. IMO the latest logo, you need to condense it. Try to make one symbol that contain all the symbolic value of the others. For instance, in my latest logo I made the tree and suiseki in the background blue to symbolize the pacific. The green "swoosh" is the green arrows usually seen in eco-friendly logos and the three dudes/dudettes are a symbol of the ethnic harmony. Then it's just a matter of finding a good composition.

I'm laid off from my job, so I've got plenty of time.:(

Sorry to hear that!

Regards
Emil

Emil Brannstrom

Yamadori
Reaction score
Still waiting for yours Will, the more the merrier! Here's another one btw:
nbvy9g.jpg

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I like this one Emil. It would get my vote. What happened to Will?

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I don my Kommissar hat and proclaim those three able bodied representations to be offputting for the physically challenged.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Don't care much for the US, hey Emil. But just who do think is covering your ass, when someone slaps the shit out of you.

1960s Sweden and the United States agreed to deploy nuclear submarines off the Swedish west coast. In the same year Sweden made a defense pact with the United States. Knowledge of this alliance was kept secret from the Swedish public until 1994

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom