SoCal Bonsai Events? - August 2016

Alex W.

Sapling
Reaction score
Aloha,

I will be traveling back home to LA for a couple weeks at the beginning of August for my brother's wedding. I've looked around a little bit for events going on in the area but can't seem to find any. Does anyone know of some? Anything from small seminars, shows, etc.?

halfclueless

Sapling
Reaction score
Aloha,

I will be traveling back home to LA for a couple weeks at the beginning of August for my brother's wedding. I've looked around a little bit for events going on in the area but can't seem to find any. Does anyone know of some? Anything from small seminars, shows, etc.?

Nanpukai has a show around mid August.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
You can always come visit Kimura nursery in Northridge. Other than the Nanpuki show during the Nissei week festival there's not much bonsai activity in August.

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
There's almost nothing going on in Los Angeles the first two weeks of August. Santa Anita Bonsai meets on the second Saturday at the L.A. Arboretum. Most of the club meetings are the third or fourth week of the month. August has no shows other than Nanpu Kai's exhibit for Nisei Week, but that's the third weekend of August. There are several good nurseries, though.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
If you wanted to arrange an olive or ficus private workshop you could just pm me.

Top Bottom