USDA Zone
5a
Hi; My name is Bill, and I am a Bonsaist.:eek:

OMG what a relief to admit it.;)

Thanks Will

head_cutter

Yamadori
Reaction score
The beer, the spring BBQ with dead trees, styling with friends, digging strip mine trees...

Joking with the crowd at a demo while thinning branches and...cutting the wrong one (they all knew it was a bad cut)

'Hmmmm, anyone have some Super Glue?'

Removing the wire from a Dwarf Alberta then having a cold one while watching all of the branches return to the normal position in about 15 minutes.

'We knew that was gonna happen?'
'Yep.'
'Why did we do that?'
'We were bored that day.'
'Yep.'
'Got more beer?'
'Yep.'
'Pass me one.'

Ahhh, memories.

head_cutter

Yamadori
Reaction score
Least we forget...
Paying your idiot stepson $100 to mow the growing field.
Spending the next weekend and almost double that amount repairing spray towers and chewed up irrigation lines.

Wife: 'Where were you all day?'
Me: 'Fixing everything that 's*it for brains' destroyed in the field last weekend.'
Wife: 'That's nice.'

TpaBayFlyFisher

Seedling
Reaction score
Wife: You drove across the state to buy that?
Me: Yes, but don't you see the shohin semi-cascade trying to get out? Pass me a beer, please.

crhabq

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
what is with the "pass me a beer, please"; "do you have more beer?...pass me one"?

one simplely makes the the imperative statement "beer me."

this is most effective when one sees that a person is on the way to getting more beer for him or herselves.

beware that this person may report (truely or falsely but almost always with a cold in hand) that all the beer is gone.

always best to be proactive in one's own beer procurment

hope i've been of help to those unschoolled in the ways of peak beer.

Ray

Reaction score
USDA Zone
what is with the "pass me a beer, please"; "do you have more beer?...pass me one"?

one simplely makes the the imperative statement "beer me."

this is most effective when one sees that a person is on the way to getting more beer for him or herselves.

beware that this person may report (truely or falsely but almost always with a cold in hand) that all the beer is gone.

always best to be proactive in one's own beer procurment

hope i've been of help to those unschoolled in the ways of peak beer.

Ray

Ray,
While you are on the path to enlightenment, your approach is less effective in a mixed group, meaning including wives or other women not in your frat house.

There is a far more genteel way which never fails to elicit a smile (at least the first dozen times or so):

When someone gets up to go into the foodal or beeral areas, simply say, "Hey, Sensuous..." And when they look around in pleasant surprise, follow up with...

"Sensuous up....."

Chris

TpaBayFlyFisher

Seedling
Reaction score
In the sailing world there is always a position on the yacht called "beerman" or "beerho" [sorry to offend the PC here] and their job is to pass out beer at the proper times....................

Top Bottom