Spots on my maple leaves

Spdyracer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well trying to find out what this is. The tree is growing great but is getting spots. We have had a rather rainy past few weeks so had me wondering if this is a fungus issue.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

ysrgrathe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I think fungal.

My Amur are prone to this as well. The good news is it doesn't appear to hurt the tree. According to at least one reference anti fungals are only effective at bud break.

Try to keep the tree healthy. In my experience Amurs are so vigorous that deficiencies in the minors seem more likely. I will be treating mine with extra magnesium this year and see if that helps.

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
You could hit it with Bonide copper sulfate fungicide or a similar product just as a precaution.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well trying to find out what this is. The tree is growing great but is getting spots. We have had a rather rainy past few weeks so had me wondering if this is a fungus issue.

View attachment 106060 View attachment 106061
Did you get over spray of raid on it?
If you are worried about fungus Bonide Sulfer is what I use.image.jpeg

Spdyracer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Did you get over spray of raid on it?
If you are worried about fungus Bonide Sulfer is what I use.View attachment 106062
Good eye yes that is raid behind it. Don't think so but can't say I'm positive. From looking online it looks like tar spot more of a cosmetic fungus. Of course what I was finding was all for big trees so I didn't know if it's better to trim off in infected leaves or treat it with a fungicide.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good eye yes that is raid behind it. Don't think so but can't say I'm positive. From looking online it looks like tar spot more of a cosmetic fungus. Of course what I was finding was all for big trees so I didn't know if it's better to trim off in infected leaves or treat it with a fungicide.
I water in SULFER once a month on everything, just to stay healthy. I don't have fungus problems at all. I have seen fungus problems cured completely using SULFER. Plus it is completely natural. Also Daconil is a great product in a spray.image.jpeg

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I have them on most all of my acer rubrum this year including the ones that are landscape trees. It has been very dry here. I think my case is due to drought. Though they do say that typically new leaves are susceptible to fungus attack that causes those spots. Doesn't really affect the tree though

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Black Leaf Spot, same crap that can happen on Roses. Only happens here when we have extended Spring rains and I don't trim the underbrush part of the bushes and get air under them. If the Roses get it the Maples here do as well. Antifungals applied between rains work, remove the affected foliage as it can and will spread. Avoid foliar watering for awhile and water at the base of the plants. Fungicide, Air, and Sun combined help a lot. Neem oil happens to work used the same way. Pain in the arse when it happens but it won't kill the plants...

Grimmy

Ming dynasty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hi guys, can someone help me with similar problem on my JM. Not sure what it is or if it’s even harmful.

Attachments

• 9ABA56D6-CD3C-4AA8-A7A6-A511BA2C7731.jpeg
    9ABA56D6-CD3C-4AA8-A7A6-A511BA2C7731.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 407BFB63-5E14-4406-AA7B-0F7716B702D2.jpeg
    407BFB63-5E14-4406-AA7B-0F7716B702D2.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom