After exporting the files to a local folder on your computer you then have to take these "exported" files generated by Picasa and upload them to a web server. There are many options with regards to web hosting services... I'll end here.Walter,
I have been playing around with picasa for a couple of days now. How do you post a gallery (folder/album) on the net?
I have exported both files and albums but the pages can only be viewed from my own computer. When viewed from a posted link, an error message comes up Any suggestions?
Is there anyone else using Picasa?
... could you be a little more specific? I have sent my albums to picasa online, but would like to display them in "highslide" vice the present format. Browse the link in my sig and view gallery from the main page to see what I mean. That is the best I could do at the moment. All help will be greatly appreciated.There are many options with regards to web hosting services... I'll end here.
... and that is why I am asking Walter. I know he is hosting his own website, but when he originally introduced us to Picasa and highslide, he was still on his old website. I presumed one can just uplink.Maybe Mr. Pall will chime in with details to help clarify.
what you do is the following:
1) Install Picasa for free, let Picasa run over your image files
2) Install highslide, the original version, or better the one from Highslide JS, free for non-commercial use
3) select a file in Picasa for the template, click 'edit' 'select all' and then 'folder' 'export as HTML' You then immediately see the result on your browser and can check whether this is what you want. If you don't seee it on your browser, you go to 'Picasa exports' find your template, click 'open under xy-browser' and then you will find some text. Then click onto 'index' and here we are. So far this thing is only on your computer.
4) To make this visible to the world you have to have a web-site. With any FTP program you load the fileld template onto your web-site and give it a name there. Thsi cold also be any google or similar website under your name. Now it shold be visible. Go to your website like
http://mywebsite/newtemplatename and you should see it. If not, push the refresh button of your browser.
5) Write the link her so we can all see what you were struggling with.
6) to enhance the whole thing go to google 'Higslide JS' and load the general version. Then go to your Picasa file and write a header for your file and some captions for the picutures. The results should be like this: http://walter-pall.de/floweringprunus_nr__2.jpg.dir/index.html
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|I Made a new pot from super sculpey and Acrylic Paint||Pots||22|
|R||Super small leaves JM?||Maples||16|
|Super stoked on this incoming dwarf powderpuff||Tropicals||27|
|Super tangled Bradford pear clump||General Discussion||16|
|T||Air layer super old juniper HELP||Junipers||25|