Tall jungle tree type bonsai inspiration (help)

MidMichBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You have a logic problem. I cant debate with you.
Because you don't understand bonsai technique...I will edit my statement to this "This is not a simple formula of big tree in natural habitat = small tree, in smaller *contrived* habitat".

The trees in these condition will not be appropriately proportioned or healthy enough to create a specimen-quality ficus bonsai.

I must say...it has been entertaining but it's time to move to where people actually want to know answers to the questions they ask rather than asking them and debating the answers that they didn't want to hear.

I truly wish you the best in your endeavors...I hope it works for you...I really do. I'm sorry to say that I fear you will be disappointed with your results in the end having spent a lot of time and money but it's yours to spend. I can only put up the guard rail and caution tape, I can't prevent you from jumping off the cliff. If you're the first to sprout wings during the fall, you will be surprised to find that I will be the first to congratulate you and say, "Wow...I was wrong."

Good luck...I mean it...keep us updated on your results.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
There for reef tanks,poison dart frog vivariums , and a tropical bonsai display for winter. The vivariums is a toned down version because orchids, ferns ,bromileads and the such don't need such intense lighting

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Comes to bonsai forum with terrarium. Gets upset with bonsai help, not terrarium help.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
There for reef tanks,poison dart frog vivariums , and a tropical bonsai display for winter. The vivariums is a toned down version because orchids, ferns ,bromileads and the such don't need such intense lighting

I'd be interested in hearing how you built these lights. I'd get better growth if I didn't have mites. No one knows the kind of growth I get because I don't post it, so you can't fairly say I get "ok" growth without knowing how much I really get. Just sayin.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I would really like to know a setup for small grafts that get clouded underneath the trees regular foliage.
Lets say the light needed for 6 maple seedlings for root grafts.
Should I open a new thread?

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I'd be interested in hearing how you built these lights. I'd get better growth if I didn't have mites. No one knows the kind of growth I get because I don't post it, so you can't fairly say I get "ok" growth without knowing how much I really get. Just sayin.

Then post! Only reason I said that is because I was going off what I have seen posted.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I'm also actually looking into LED lighting as well. I hate how red these lights are.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Giga specs.

Very nice lighting system! I dont think you should have any lighting issues at all. I assume thats all mounted into 1 or 2 fixtures. In that case its probably even overkill if you run it high.

One point I want to make that you may not be aware of, but probably are. If you are judging lighting based on your reef background - we dont need as much light without water. Water absorbs light, especially well in the red part of the PAR region. You would see meaningful decreases in each foot of the water column.

Your lights are fine, but you aren't providing humidity and air onto the foliage the way I am.

My tree is shooting out new leaves after my recent wiring and trimming... so it must be working so far.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Oh so you have a hot room? Where its temperature and humidity controlled as well as air movment? Or are you just talking about your terrarium?

Yes I'm fully aware of the decrease in the red spectrum in water verse air, I can spout formulas if you wish lol

Top Bottom