The Five Year "Native Tree, Native Pot" Challenge!

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Alright, a bit late to the party but I’m for sure in. Have some Jefferey Pines that I grew from seed and some Blue Oak I grew from corns. Maybe some others. I’m in California so I’m not sure what we DONT have 😂

What I’m not clear on is where we are posting? I read something about another thread maybe?

Help appreciated!!!

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Go to New Posts/Contests/Five Year Native Tree, Native Pot and make a posting labeled, "rollwithak Five Year Native Tree, Native Pot Jeffery Pine"

Last edited:

Benjofen

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Must have missed this challenge before, but I'll submit a thread shortly!

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Was intent already posted here🤪? Intention to work 3 Literati; Lodgepole and 2 Oregon White oaks😊.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
All right, joined just to take part in this challenge, lol

I have an aspen I’ve been working since end of March

I’ll make a thread later
When you get around to it, update your profile with a location and/or USDA growing zone. It helps allot with people giving advice for you specific climate.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice concept.
i would like to join still...
bit late but the project i want to submit is started two years ago from a seedling that popped up like many do every year in my garden
i have to dig trough all my photos i made past two years to see if i can start with showing the start and add a yearly update till now ...

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ya know, @zanduh started this thing a while back, but it looks like he's not been around since October.
Any word on what's up with that?

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Didn't mean to imply anything like that. Just wondering what happened to him.

I didn’t read your comment as harsh or critical. I just meant that it’s not too weird for someone to get busy and spend less time on the forum. I know I was hardly here at all the latter half of last year, but in the last couple weeks I’ve been checking the site a few times per day.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I didn’t read your comment as harsh or critical. I just meant that it’s not too weird for someone to get busy and spend less time on the forum. I know I was hardly here at all the latter half of last year, but in the last couple weeks I’ve been checking the site a few times per day.
Fair enough. It is winter after all, so probably not allot of bonsai-ing going on for him.
I forget sometimes that some people use this as a bonsai forum, not a replacement for social media like I do. :p

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
What?
I mean yea. I fall out of the loop sometimes because life gets exhausting and I don’t always have a connection. But this place is one of my few connections with the world outside my swamp.

Top Bottom