The Karaoke Bar still showing in new posts

Mortalis

Yamadori
Reaction score
The Karaoke Bar posts are showing in my new posts area again. Is this a mistake or has that been restored?

I prefer that it stay gone.

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
The Karaoke Bar posts are showing in my new posts area again. Is this a mistake or has that been restored? Please let it be a mistake and fix it so they never show again!

Get over it and get on with your life. Ficus threads are still showing up, but you don't hear me whining....

keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:

Gnome

Mame
Reaction score
The Karaoke Bar posts are showing in my new posts area again. Is this a mistake or has that been restored? Please let it be a mistake and fix it so they never show again!

If the intention was to eliminate the karaoke bar from new posts then the change has not been effective. I still see it when I check in, sometimes there are more off topic discussions than not.

Norm

Mortalis

Yamadori
Reaction score
Get over it and get on with your life. Ficus threads are still showing up, but you don't hear me whining....

keep it green,
Harry

That is kinda an inflammatory way of speaking to someone. I would almost say that was designed to illicit a negative response. Well I wont do that. But I have a right to "whine" if I want to.

I was under the impression that the admin had changed it so that people who wanted to see that part could go there to see it. I on the other hand do not want to see it at all.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
If the intention was to eliminate the karaoke bar from new posts then the change has not been effective. I still see it when I check in, sometimes there are more off topic discussions than not.

Norm

What does that tell you...

keep it green,
Harry

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
That is kinda an inflammatory way of speaking to someone. I would almost say that was designed to illicit a negative response. Well I wont do that. But I have a right to "whine" if I want to.

I was under the impression that the admin had changed it so that people who wanted to see that part could go there to see it. I on the other hand do not want to see it at all.

There are posts on here all the time I have no interest in, so I don't open them. It doesn't compute with me as to why people complain about a topic they don't want to see, easy solution, don't go there, that's how I handle it.

keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You just have to click TWICE on the New Posts tab. The first time, you see the Karaoke threads. When you click the second time, they are gone. So, you just have to resist the temptation to look, and click on it right away.:)

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
To avoid seeing new posts in the Karaoke bar completely... please make sure to use the "Recent Threads" section of the Home page.. which can be found on the lower section on the home page.

As you can see in the attached photo the highlighted link DOES NOT eliminate the Karaoke bar posts. If you prefer to be sure you are no longer seeing them.... once again... please make sure to use the New Posts list provided at the bottom of the homepage.

Alternatively you can apply your own personal mental filter and <airQuotes>ignore</airQuotes> them.

Thank you and for flying BonsaiNut airlines and please have a wonderful day.

Attachments

• New_Posts.jpg
    New_Posts.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well I don't know how your systems are set up but I have to click on the karaoke bar as it DOES NOT show up when I click new post.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Well I don't know how your systems are set up but I have to click on the karaoke bar as it DOES NOT show up when I click new post.

Don't ya just hate that when it happens............:rolleyes:

keep it green,
Harry

Gnome

Mame
Reaction score
To avoid seeing new posts in the Karaoke bar completely... please make sure to use the "Recent Threads" section of the Home page.. which can be found on the lower section on the home page.

As you can see in the attached photo the highlighted link DOES NOT eliminate the Karaoke bar posts. If you prefer to be sure you are no longer seeing them.... once again... please make sure to use the New Posts list provided at the bottom of the homepage.

It was always my habit to use the link located next to my avatar. I never even suspected that the link that I use labeled 'New Posts' would behave differently than another link on the navigation bar labeled 'New Posts' mere inches away.

Norm

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hmmmm.... I need to track this down.

If you hit "new posts" in the top nav bar, the Karaoke Bar posts willl not show up. However there are apparently other links where they still show up. Can people specifically post where they click so i can track them down?

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am thankful I don't have to sort through karaoke bar when I go to "New Posts". I am also glad it is still available for those who really like going off topic. An excellent compromise.

Gnome

Mame
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... I need to track this down.

If you hit "new posts" in the top nav bar, the Karaoke Bar posts willl not show up. However there are apparently other links where they still show up. Can people specifically post where they click so i can track them down?

As I mentioned above, the link next to my avatar returns results including the karaoke bar.
http://bonsainut.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

While the link on the navigation bar does not.
http://bonsainut.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=5

This is the same behavior that meushi noted. The 'exclude=5' switch seems to be the key.

Norm

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Like guns, check out the bar......

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom