The list: You aren't doing bonsai unless you have:

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
76. You aren’t doing bonsai unless you have wired a branch to a piece of re-bar and used a turnbuckle to bend it.
77. You aren’t doing bonsai unless you’ve buried a statue in the ground despite being neither a pirate nor Indiana Jones.
78. You aren’t doing bonsai unless you’ve used a whole roll of electrical tape without ever installing any kind of outlet or light fixture in your home.
Ohh dude , I just see a tree that is laced with turnbuckles and Rebar and think hell yeah brother

The Barber

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You aren't doing bonsai till you've dug a nice sized diameter trench around a nice yamadori that wiggles pretty freely, only to find out the only root inside that circle of soil that belonged to the tree was a tap root and the feeder roots were probably 3 miles deep into the hillside which explains why it wiggled so freely.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
76. You aren’t doing bonsai unless you have wired a branch to a piece of re-bar and used a turnbuckle to bend it.
77. You aren’t doing bonsai unless you’ve buried a statue in the ground despite being neither a pirate nor Indiana Jones.
78. You aren’t doing bonsai unless you’ve used a whole roll of electrical tape without ever installing any kind of outlet or light fixture in your home.
Yep. Sticky side out!

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
79: You aren't doing bonsai unless you answer the question with: 'Well... do you mean "how many bonsai do I have?" or how many trees do I have total including projects?".
80: You aren't doing bonsai if you know the answer to the second option above.
81: You aren't doing bonsai unless you have your delivery drivers' cell numbers so that you can meet up with them to intercept trees/pots/etc. before they land on your doorstep and your spouse finds out.
82: You aren't doing bonsai unless you've been chased off the mountain by a mountain lion.
83: You aren't doing bonsai unless you realize this hobby is actually a drug, albeit a healthy one, and you now see yourself for what you truly are: A Bonsai Junkie.
84: You're not doing bonsai unless you prefer the company of trees over most people. At least other Bonsai Junkies are cool.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
79: You aren't doing bonsai unless you answer the question with: 'Well... do you mean "how many bonsai do I have?" or how many trees do I have total including projects?".
81: You aren't doing bonsai unless you have your delivery drivers' cell numbers so that you can meet up with them to intercept trees/pots/etc. before they land on your doorstep and your spouse finds out.
82: You aren't doing bonsai unless you've been chased off the mountain by a mountain lion.
83: You aren't doing bonsai unless you realize this hobby is actually a drug, albeit a healthy one, and you now see yourself for what you truly are: A Bonsai Junkie.
84: You're not doing bonsai unless you prefer the company of trees over most people. At least other Bonsai Junkies are cool.
82 I have tried a few big cats and I am not a fan. They are not good eatin’.

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
82 does seeing one in the far off distance and running a couple miles home in the opposite direction count!? Lol

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You aren’t doing bonsai unless you named your trees after all family members: (1) family tree, (2) my daughter tree, (3) grandparents tree… etc.

Btw… it does help to get support to buy more (at least in my case) :)
i happen to have "home country tree", "hometown tree" and "grandpa's garden tree" thats as far as i go to naming them, but hey hold great sentimental value
only one of them is unavailable in China, but i still consider the other 2 just as irreplaceable because it literally grew where i lived. not even my baobab is as coveted because it came from a seed that i bought in China

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
-You aren’t doing bonsai if you haven’t had a tropical tree from Wigerts shipped to you in the middle of a blizzard.
-You aren’t doing bonsai if you haven’t read all the posts in the “all aboard the mugo train” and still killed the tree.

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You aren’t doing bonsai if you didn’t think Gollum was referring to a sweet yamadori instead of a ring the first time you heard him say, “My preciousssss”, in the Lord of the Rings movies.

Top Bottom