The Tree Thread

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Although my Common Pear got black spot as usual, at this time of year, the leaves still turned out absolutely amazing.. as the tree develops, this once a year image will only get better.

DSC_2545Editted by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr
DSC_2551Editted by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

And yes... all those large spikes do draw blood.. Pyracantha might be known for its thorns, but in a world where size matters, the Pear beats it.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Forsoothe! and @luvinthemountains you are now in breach of the Tree-Thread-Rules!
This is a warning. All sorts of horrible things will happen when you do not share a picture of your trees!
(This thread requires each and every post to include a picture of one of your trees)

Yesterday I pulled a forsythia from my growing beds. Must be 5 years or so since I struck the cuttings for this. Not perfect taper as I let two side-branches develop. But nice enough to be on my bench while I wait for the better ones to develop enough to be pulled!

1603618684348.png

I did not have a fitting pot, the nebari is too wide. So it is in the pot slightly at the wrong angle..
1603618737521.png

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Nice to realize that there are still places on the planet that are looking forward to a growing season not a winter,

Hinoki Cypress first year in training.DSC_0417.JPG

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice to realize that there are still places on the planet that are looking forward to a growing season not a winter,
I'm looking forward to Winter! Its about time, time for trees to pause and to get some work done on them.
Still besotted with the ever increasing yellow golden leaves of my pear but I dont like posting same tree, twice.
So, here is one that needs some pruning!

DSC_2563Editted by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Forsoothe! and @luvinthemountains you are now in breach of the Tree-Thread-Rules!
This is a warning. All sorts of horrible things will happen when you do not share a picture of your trees!
(This thread requires each and every post to include a picture of one of your trees)

I knew it, too! Unfortunately the cabin I was staying in had no Wi-Fi, and terrible cell service!

Here is my penance, a roughed-in willow leaf ficus. And a photo from the trip...

1017200940.jpg

1023201622a_HDR.jpg

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
Prunus spinosa with autumn colors
DSC_3046.jpg

Top Bottom