The Tree Thread

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Do you oil the trunk as well Adair, or just use the sandpaper?

Here's a little Acer palmatum, which I've posted elsewhere before but not here.

P1030202
I will eventually oil it with camelia oil. I haven't yet. I haven't even had time to sandpaper it! I did wet it with water for the photo.

Did someone say they wanted to see a naked Zelda?
image.jpeg

Oh, wait... That's a leafless Zelkova.

My bad.:p

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice and clean set up cmeg1. Would love to see that zelkova leafless. Coming along very nicely!

Djtommy, I like your new clump! It looks like you may want to get it to be a bit stronger and vigorous?

Here is a Japanese beautyberry (Callicarpa japonica) in flower.

Thanks Mach!
The zelkova is wired horribly.
Going to remove and wire everything this Autumn.There will be a nice tree there.
Here is what it looked like in Spring(thumbnails at the bottom).It did not get all the wire it should have.And did I mention the horrible wiring?

And for this post,a tree..... a Zelkova air-layer.image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 20

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Looking good Judy! Haven't posted up this one in a few pages; JBP originally styled by Peter Warren about 5 years ago. It will get new wire and some refinement this winter, maybe potted lower in the spring, and hopefully candle-cut next summer to start shortening the needles. Bark and trunk wiggle really make this tree for me.
image.jpeg

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looking good Judy! Haven't posted up this one in a few pages; JBP originally styled by Peter Warren about 5 years ago. It will get new wire and some refinement this winter, maybe potted lower in the spring, and hopefully candle-cut next summer to start shortening the needles. Bark and trunk wiggle really make this tree for me.
View attachment 110121
Just curious, why no decandling this year?

image.jpeg

A thinned shohin azalea.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Here's Zelda with her clothes back on!

image.jpeg

Almost time for another cut back! Maybe in a day or two.

Most of the shoots have 4 new leaves. Some have 5. When they get to 5 and 6, I'll cut back to 2.

And I think I'll still have time for one more defoliation before the National's.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Japanese beauty berry @MACH5 that is very cool. Thought you were getting out of shohin :p

anyways, pop pop pop!
View attachment 110114

Well not completely... I am keeping just a few. ;) SNAP, CRACKLE POP goes the trident!

Cooling off a Japanese maple on a very hot sunny afternoon.

Top Bottom