The Tree Thread

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ooh. I've googled this one many times and see it at Bonsaitonight. I love it.

Cedar Elm
View attachment 145870
That's the one. In fact, there's not many of this variety. I have seen two others of this variety at Grove Way Bonsai. They're either cuttings taken off this tree, or grafts taken from this tree.

Here's my Formal Upright JBP:

IMG_0418.JPG

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
That's the one. In fact, there's not many of this variety. I have seen two others of this variety at Grove Way Bonsai. They're either cuttings taken off this tree, or grafts taken from this tree.

Here's my Formal Upright JBP:

View attachment 145881
Very cool. So there's a lot of history to the Mino yastubusa cultivar's origin? I'd love to hear it. Please start a thread on it. I started researching leaves like that on Tridents after a post from John Milton's blog that featured some different Tridents he's worked on. One of which had nice leaves like the Mino yatsubusa. Since then I've been growing this one as my personal stock. I would like to have something root over rock and somewhat cascading. Just seems ideal for something cut leaf or long lobed. I love this cultivar!
18518987_10213488452825373_1266993611_o.jpg

Here's my cascading Shantung maple.
18516421_10213488446385212_1298690693_o.jpg

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
IMG_20170421_184823352.jpg
Very cool. So there's a lot of history to the Mino yastubusa cultivar's origin? I'd love to hear it. Please start a thread on it. I started researching leaves like that on Tridents after a post from John Milton's blog that featured some different Tridents he's worked on. One of which had nice leaves like the Mino yatsubusa. Since then I've been growing this one as my personal stock. I would like to have something root over rock and somewhat cascading. Just seems ideal for something cut leaf or long lobed. I love this cultivar!
View attachment 145886

Here's my cascading Shantung maple.
View attachment 145887
TP, I like to have a cutting of this trident if you ever get a few struck. I like it.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
IMG_1223.JPG Hehe apparently I'm not allowed to water anymore :p

I've been doing a lot of thinning , here's one that I've been working on prostrata , most of the new growing is scale , it got a hard cut back a few years back and went all needle , were slowly getting it back into shape. Let em grow

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
It's nice to see where where your trees started M5. Gives the rest of us some hope that we'll get to your level one day.

My mixed forest.

Thanks VAFisher! I like your forest. Well done and it will keep getting better!

Still keeping with the nostalgic theme, here is a blueberry I thought was the bomb!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks for boosting my ego
@MACH5
Front View attachment 145946 Back View attachment 145947

Usually I get crushed like a grape :( (and now is not exception, but you've made me feel better about my trees anyway :D)

Hey wait a minute... are you saying these trees are crap?? :(:D:p Nice box BTW. Got a small one myself and playing with it. I kinda like it.

My first zelkova.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wow Serg! That is one impressive elm. Looking forward to you putting some M5 on it.

View attachment 145950

Thanks Vin! :p Your pic reminds me of Walter's photo style. Nice!

Here is a Japanese quince I bought from Bill circa 2000. Back in the days when I used to have a fancy greenhouse.

Top Bottom