The Tree Thread

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
A spruce forest grown for about 30 years by a friend and one of the last collectors in Hokkaido. Unfortunately he passed away recently but now this is in my hands.
I really like the natural feeling of it, not just a usual forest but more like some trees grown at a high elevation swamp like windy area. I hope I can make it even better along the way.
DAB4CD7B-21D6-4444-815E-07AA1AD2288A.jpeg

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Repotted the Toyonishiki. Defoliated and rewired. At repot I also adjusted some roots and rebound them to the stone. A few branches didn't get wire because they're still fragile from when I snapped them. I think this Quince shan't be much bigger than how it is by now. Maybe another inch to 1.5.

IMG_20171110_113223_315.jpg

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hi all,
I thought I would add one of my conifers onto this thread even tho there’s no bonsai pot, and a weird double trunk that I can’t decide what to do. Maybe I start a new thread on him.

Chamecypris pisifera ‘Boulevard’. I found this at my local garden center a few months ago, with lots of dead internal branches. Learning to wire and shape, so tell me all your thoughts.
Charles

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
completely satisfied

I am! The one at the top of the page shows on pause before jumping down.....and I was thinking....Damn dJ Tommy....these spruce are friggin dope!

How nice to see another!

I'm digging the containers, or the containerization of them all!

Lil box still well.20171109_153736.jpg

Sorce

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
I am! The one at the top of the page shows on pause before jumping down.....and I was thinking....Damn dJ Tommy....these spruce are friggin dope!

How nice to see another!

I'm digging the containers, or the containerization of them all!

Lil box still well.View attachment 167948

Sorce
Thanx sorce, (my autocorrection changed your name to spruce at first) I have a few more but still in recovery from collection at a friends place. Maybe next year I can start working them.
Here is a trident maple pic from few weeks back and one from earlier this year.
A53A1E3F-69F2-4255-804E-4198E660AA39.jpeg BCC92147-AB71-43C8-B78C-519F30AEEF31.jpeg

Top Bottom