The Tree Thread

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Vibrant colors, apart from my Shishi my maples got lot of sunbearn this year and leafs got crispy, I removed them all before they really changed color.
They need some more shade I think in summer or more water..or both
Another spruce,difficult on, needs a few more branches up top to work with, apex looks crappy now even more so on picture, I swear it doesn’t look so bad in real..
92652D51-20D7-42AF-AD8B-F56A08A26AB8.jpeg

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Here is one of my collected Hemlocks, starting to show some promise. Current stage is foliage and pad development. has adjusted nicely after collection. Note the anderson flat set's off the dark flaky bark at the base. Will likely reduce the number of branches as it progresses. Tree is 18 inches.

Attachments

• IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 41

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Nice tree! How are you able to grow it down there without the leaves burning? And fungus problems. I'm not even in the tropics but about ready to give up on maples. They leaf out and then stop growing.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice tree! How are you able to grow it down there without the leaves burning? And fungus problems. I'm not even in the tropics but about ready to give up on maples. They leaf out and then stop growing.
Thanks! It is a bit tricky. I keep them in full sun through around mid June. Then they go into dappled shade or morning sun depending on the variety. Tridents can take a lot more sun than some of the other Japanese Maples I have. BTW, you must post a photo to comment in this thread.

DSCF0162.JPG

Top Bottom