The Tree Thread

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Beautiful, love that combination. Twin Trunk Mt. Hemlock. Sarah Rayner pot.
Gorgeous tree, really captures the nature of the tree as it grows on the Mountain sides of Mt Rainier. Been there and seen them there, and this is a good representation of those trees.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's my tree, Conocarpus erectus - Buttonwood:

View attachment 31965

Well, five years after the fact, I discover this thread you started! Great idea!

I'm also surprised to see you signing on as "Dorothy," when I've been calling you - obviously in error, but an error you've graciously tolerated - "Darlene" all this time. Do you go by both, or have I been embarrassing myself for years?

Beautiful, beautiful buttonwood, BTW!

As per the rules, I'll post one, and one that I know impressed you recently - enjoy the Acacia "Aroma" tree again!

G52

Tango.jpg

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Well, five years after the fact, I discover this thread you started! Great idea!

I'm also surprised to see you signing on as "Dorothy," when I've been calling you - obviously in error, but an error you've graciously tolerated - "Darlene" all this time. Do you go by both, or have I been embarrassing myself for years?

Beautiful, beautiful buttonwood, BTW!

As per the rules, I'll post one, and one that I know impressed you recently - enjoy the Acacia "Aroma" tree again!

G52

View attachment 197905

Hi Grouper, are you confusing cascade with @Cadillactaste? Or maybe I'm confused.

Crape myrtle that I chopped last year. The shoot that became the new leader grew out of the back of the tree, which creates a big wound right in the front of the tree. Hopefully in time it will heal over.

2018-06-22 07.53.12.jpg

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
@grouper52's
My Chi Chi Ginkgo ...
Nice photo. Time for a nice Bonsai pot for that ginkgo.

Per the “rules”, the photo can be of the same tree, but needs to be a different photo. Seeing some others posting summer reruns lately, weak sauce lack of effort...here is a new photo of a familiar J. Maple in a Koyo pot.
491C09A9-4B8E-468C-83D6-BB1BF7191EC4.jpeg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice photo. Time for a nice Bonsai pot for that ginkgo.

Per the “rules”, the photo can be of the same tree, but needs to be a different photo. Seeing some others posting summer reruns lately, weak sauce lack of effort...here is a new photo of a familiar J. Maple in a Koyo pot.
View attachment 197911

Thank you...Honestly I was considering upsizing for more ramification. (Scott Lee's suggestion...to make it even better.) Might shoot you a photo of it out of leaf this winter. See your opinion then.

Neagari Satsuki Azalea...
image.jpg

Victorim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Gorgeous tree, really captures the nature of the tree as it grows on the Mountain sides of Mt Rainier. Been there and seen them there, and this is a good representation of those trees.

Vance man, you still owe a tree! ;)

A small barbaris. The Tiddler.
20180622_213903.jpg

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well ... I guess it was late in life, late at night, and late into a bit of Don Papa nightcap when what remained of my functioning neurons decided to post such a blunder ... my most humble apologies, Darleen.

Beautiful ginkgo, BTW! Here's mine:

JBGinkgoFall10.jpg

Last edited:

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Well ... I guess it was late in life, late at night, and late into a bit of Don Papa nightcap when what remained of my functioning neurons decided to post such a blunder ... my most humble apologies, Darleen.

Beautiful ginkgo, BTW! Here's mine:

View attachment 197919
A lovely image. Though the pot should be round and smaller and a bit deeper IMO. The leaves are stunning.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
A couple more of you guys owe pics to the thread. Back to the theme - I believe this to be a kurume or some hybrid as it's an early bloomer and will also throw out some occasional flowers in the fall.

2018-06-22 23.24.58.jpg

Top Bottom