The Tree Thread

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
As I was walking by my Ryusen Japanese maple the crown caught my eye. So I trimmed it, created a future new crown and wired several branches, without cracking any with the copper wire.
when I finished shaping the tree I needed to make a taller stand for it. This is only beginning the second year of training.RYUSEN BEFORE.JPG
TOP BEFORE.JPGTOP AFTER.JPGTRUNK BASE.JPGRYUSEN AFTER.JPG

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
Crab apple getting ready to flower. I'll post a better picture in a few days once the flowers open.

49744969388_8920ccae04_c.jpg

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A Wisteria seedling of mine, grown from seed, starting its 3rd year. I hope it one day gets the kind of thickness of the Wisteria posted here a page or 2 ago.

DSC_1501 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr
(tips for thickness, basic/obvious or not, appreciated!)

Beni Maiko, early days, very lovely and red, great show in the sun (I can turn around in my chair right now to see it in the garden, sun kissed).
DSC_1494 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

A Wych Elm, i am looking forward to trying some ramification techniques on this. Theres not much branching left to grow or move with it, just want to help it thrive and ramify further.
DSC_1437 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Sorry im bored folks, already been shopping and went for a jog today, we are only allowed out for exercise and food.😁
So here is another tree... European Hackberry in the sun🌞
20200407_144151.jpg

im going to let the low left branch extend and become a feature of the tree....

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Sorry im bored folks, already been shopping and went for a jog today, we are only allowed out for exercise and food.😁
So here is another tree... European Hackberry in the sun🌞
View attachment 294396

im going to let the low left branch extend and become a feature of the tree....
Sounds like you're someone's cat.

Top Bottom