trumpet vine

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Shame but next time you collect try to get three or so. That will up your success rate and what you don't want can be given away or sold. On a bright note your other plants did well :)

Grimmy

True...good looking at things. Their other vine had rotted at it's roots. So there was only one to collect. But...I am now watching Craigslist for such items. ;) shrubs I don't want...some $50 you dig. Seems...a bit crazy. A large speria to dig...and risk it not transplanting...sounds crazy when they aren't that expensive at the nursery.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
True...good looking at things. Their other vine had rotted at it's roots. So there was only one to collect. But...I am now watching Craigslist for such items. ;) shrubs I don't want...some $50 you dig. Seems...a bit crazy. A large speria to dig...and risk it not transplanting...sounds crazy when they aren't that expensive at the nursery.

I probably won't be collecting this season as the house seems to become a larger project daily. I have never paid to dig and only would do so if the plant had huge potential. There is a lot out there, just takes time to find them. Also the big box stores are starting to come down on prices this time of year and I have been finding some rather nice plants to learn and grow this year. I really am looking forward to next season as things should be settled here and I will be active again.

Grimmy

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I probably won't be collecting this season as the house seems to become a larger project daily. I have never paid to dig and only would do so if the plant had huge potential. There is a lot out there, just takes time to find them. Also the big box stores are starting to come down on prices this time of year and I have been finding some rather nice plants to learn and grow this year. I really am looking forward to next season as things should be settled here and I will be active again.

Grimmy

Home ownership...that sounds about right...when you buy something and plan remodeling. It's a domino effect at times. Sorry to hear it seems to be larger a project than you first thought.

Top Bottom