Two new Twisted Pomegranates!!

I like them both. I not a big ground grower but if your climate is good I would put these in the ground for a few years. The bigger and more twisty they get the better.

Riley....

How bout a general location in the Profile?

Everytime Pomegranate comes up I think of @Leo in N E Illinois 40 year skinny pom story.

If the ground is safe....I agree....

If not....
The bigger and more twisty they get the better.

Maybe a largish "colander".

Sorce

Im in southern California Zone 9 B, our soilf here is absolute garbage but I do have a very large growing container I can use for one of the(probably the thicker one)

If i did repot into the large container what growing medium would you put in a 25 gallon container?

Riley....

How bout a general location in the Profile?

Everytime Pomegranate comes up I think of @Leo in N E Illinois 40 year skinny pom story.

If the ground is safe....I agree....

If not....

Maybe a largish "colander".

Sorce
I

Standard BNUT pond basket would be fine.

Sorce

Im in southern California Zone 9 B, our soilf here is absolute garbage but I do have a very large growing container I can use for one of the(probably the thicker one)

If i did repot into the large container what growing medium would you put in a 25 gallon container?

I
Don't go from 1 straight to 25 gallons. Go from 1 to maybe 3 gallons... otherwise you wind up with 22 gallons of wasted soil sitting there with no roots drinking the water and thus remaining watered down.

Plant in the ground if you want the most room possible for growth but up potting to larger pots can sometimes lead to FASTER growth because potting soil is richer in nutrients than many yard soils might have..

I
I agree with Eric Group, 3 gallon is enough for the tree at this stage.
I have been using pine bark: pumice with 1:1 ratio.
Bonhe

p/s: I like the 1st one for literati.

Interesting material! Using this wisely will give you some attractive bonsai.

A much bigger pot like the one you have mentioned will also retain much more moisture.

I am in zone 9a, hot & dry summers, and my experience is that the pomegranates here like to be watered more than other trees.
Tough species, growing relatively rapidly.

Just purchased these today, any advice??
1st one, love the elegance and flow of this one.
View attachment 140161 View attachment 140162 View attachment 140163 View attachment 140164

The second one is very powerful from the ground up. View attachment 140165View attachment 140166 View attachment 140167View attachment 140168

Hey, happy birthday, @RileyJFDB13 !!! 23, huh.....you suck!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
birthday1.gif

23 is so far back, I'm jealous!! Enjoy yourself!!!

Back
Top Bottom