User Rankings

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It seems everyone gets a rank by number of posts. Under my name, for example, it currently says "Chumono." This will be post number 733. The highest regular rank appears to be "Imperial Masterpiece," although a number of longtime active members have special nicknames in place of a rank. Sorce's "Nonsense Rascal" comes to mind. How does that all work? What are the cutoffs for the different ranks? Who came up with the nicknames for the longtime members?

It's something I've been curious about since I first began exploring this site, but I haven't bothered mentioning it, since I don't want to conflate post count with real bonsai experience, and dwelling on titles gives post count undue weight. Nonetheless, my curiosity has finally gotten the better of me, so I've finally decided to ask. Can anyone fill me in with the way the site works? For that matter, I was just now looking for a pinned post with general site rules, hoping for an answer, and I couldn't seem to locate that either. It's probably one of those cases where I was looking right at it, but I somehow didn't see it.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I think everyone gets a rank by the number of posts. When you get to 10,000, the members may elect to give you a nickname. The nickname usually comes from things you are known for around here. That can be anything as you can already see. You may have some input into that process :D

The way I see it, others may get their nickname by their knowledge, skills, or beautiful trees. I may get there by asking dumb questions all the time.

Top Bottom