What did you do today? Show us Pic Required

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I lucked out, hopefully with these junipers that were ripped out of a parking lot for disposal. I managed to find six of them with roots, fingers crossed. The following three were the biggest and coolest of the bunch.
Street junipers.jpgstreet junipers2.jpgstreet junipers3.jpg

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
yeah... I usually X the back side. Only mark the faces when doing bookmatch tops to make sure I glue them on the best alignment possible.
I mark the front sides and use the graphite/ink as a guide when it's time to sand. When I glue up bookmatch, I mark both pieces with a huge "V", then there's no chance of misaligning the two pieces when it's time to glue up.

Baku1875

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Up potted this chunky, and back into the greenhouse for recovery
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_0958.JPG
Barbados cherry airlayer rooted, chopped off the mama tree, and placed into training pot 🤞
IMG_0949.JPG
Been cutting back overly vigorous extension growth from top of bucida speeeenoza
IMG_0966.JPG
Got the backbudding I was looking for though, so I'll be chopping lower in the future. I think i need a branch cutter, concave cutter, and some legit clay style cutpaste tho, I botched the top and front branch cuts a bit....used a long lopper and the toothpaste-tube wet cutpaste type and hasn't been healing properly by the looks of it.😢

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Potted a good size hawthorn.
View attachment 491562
I started the steps of wiring the branches and carving but then stopped. To fit the huge base into this 15" x 11" pot, I had to trim off quite a bit of roots. I will baby the tree a little bit and let it recover before wiring and carving.

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
do you have a thread for this guy? very interesting upright+semicascade approach
I don’t think so, but probably pictured in one of my juniper threads.
I have several that follow this pattern. I’m not convinced the cascade is thickening the trunk
much faster than had it not been left on, but time flies and frog in the fryin pan kicks in.
Here’s a thread on another one gallon nursery stock tree I’ve had for sometime.

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Oh NO! Sorry Clicio. I’m just healing up from a foot fracture. Told my podiatrist
I refused to wear a hard cast or I’d be hitting the anxiety meds.
Thats tough man breaking your leg. How long in the cast?

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Oh NO! Sorry Clicio. I’m just healing up from a foot fracture. Told my podiatrist
I refused to wear a hard cast or I’d be hitting the anxiety meds.
Thats tough man breaking your leg. How long in the cast?

At least 20 days.
I was strolling down into the orchard, wearing sneakers, and the grass was wet - slippery. My left foot slipped and I fell down on my right leg.
It hurts.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
SO sorry to hear this. I hope you have someone to help you while you heal. A few years ago, I let our dog out when I got home from work. Not paying attention I tripped and broke 3 ribs, gardens and lawns are dangerous, lol. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Top Bottom