What did you do today? Show us Pic Required

SgtPilko

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice chilled easter holidays here in the UK. Satsuki "Nikko" repot out of a plastic trainer and into ceramic required a bit more underground surgery than usual with some thick roots getting in the way .

IMG_20240401_142750.jpg
I needed a teip to the garden centre which then can lead to temptation down the acer section... This one drew me in as it is not grafted, bit of movement, triple trunk and decent base under the soil to develop. Never heard of the variety, Green Seed?

IMG_20240401_142547.jpg
IMG_20240330_184752~2.jpg

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Nice chilled easter holidays here in the UK. Satsuki "Nikko" repot out of a plastic trainer and into ceramic required a bit more underground surgery than usual with some thick roots getting in the way .

View attachment 537605
I needed a teip to the garden centre which then can lead to temptation down the acer section... This one drew me in as it is not grafted, bit of movement, triple trunk and decent base under the soil to develop. Never heard of the variety, Green Seed?

View attachment 537607
View attachment 537608
Really like your Satsuki "Nikko"

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Blue Rug Juniper (from work)

From original container to terra cotta and 1:1 organic and pumice
IMG_4407.jpeg
IMG_4408.jpeg
IMG_4412.jpeg

The straight trunk provides a formal upright. Branches will mature and be angled down in the future. Biogold + liquid fish fert is what the tree will receive. Makeshift fert bags from cotton mesh, zip tied and anchored into soil with 2mm wire.

Last year, I started bonsai with 1 juniper procumbens and swore I would only have 1. I think the number is 26 now 🤷🏼‍♂️ 😎 🌲

NateDyk47

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Last year, I started bonsai with 1 juniper procumbens and swore I would only have 1. I think the number is 26 now 🤷🏼‍♂️ 😎 🌲
I got my first tree in a beginner class in 2022. The instructor mentioned he had about 300 trees and I thought he was absolutely insane. Less then 2 years later, I'm already up to about 120 😂

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm already up to about 120 😂
They add up fast 😂

Now for some real nerd stuff 🤣🤣
I collected some moss at work today but I didn’t get to do any tree things today because today was aquarium day… Yay…. Did a 15 gallon water chance and scrubbed some algae. Did water testing and adjusted my supplement dosing pumps.

IMG_1744.jpeg
IMG_1745.jpeg
And now all is well
IMG_1746.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom