What is the best angle of view for this tree?to compesate top jin movement vs 2 trunk semicascade.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I don't like the 2 jins, top and bottom...
Lose one.

I think if you're trying to create a story for the tree...
It makes more sense to remove one Jin....
It would grow up or down, but to have up and down jins, and a tree in the middle.....it's just not believable...

Edit:
Sorry didn't see the update....

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
can't decide and reluctant to remove one of the branch. During report couple months back, found an angle that i kinda like and saved both trunk.
View attachment 180670
what do you guys think ?
maybe slightly turn around clockwise as front so can see the full jin on the right.

cheers
With this angle, I'd simply shorten both jins, significantly....and wire the whole tree out.

Reaction score
With this angle, I'd simply shorten both jins, significantly....and wire the whole tree out.
yup..the jins do need to be shorten. the jins has not been carve or anything just yet, maybe in near future will do some carving and shorten it at the same time.
will wire it thoroughly after another growing season. :)
cheers

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
maybe slightly turn around clockwise as front so can see the full jin on the right.

For me.. The heavy jin all the way across the bottom is too much of a visual separation between pot and foliage to be fluid. Revealing more would only serve to further this separation.

Too...so large, it seems hard to believe those branches would have died from natural causes.

I think your tree's layout in this stance is too pretty for the jins. I'd stub em.

In cascade...told the death story well.

Sorce

Reaction score
For me.. The heavy jin all the way across the bottom is too much of a visual separation between pot and foliage to be fluid. Revealing more would only serve to further this separation.

Too...so large, it seems hard to believe those branches would have died from natural causes.

I think your tree's layout in this stance is too pretty for the jins. I'd stub em.

In cascade...told the death story well.

Sorce
yup, that Jin that you refer to is too strong. will shorten and carve some movement in it in future.
cheers.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
can't decide and reluctant to remove one of the branch. During report couple months back, found an angle that i kinda like and saved both trunk.
View attachment 180670
what do you guys think ?

cheers
I'm not sure how I feel about the entire presentation here, but this view definitely shows off that nice motion and twist at the base well.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This is what I think when I see your tree...

View attachment 155419

I would increase the planting angle to get rid of the horizontal trunk line down towards the nebari. This also increases the energy of the design.

Right now you have a ball of foliage that would need to be pulled way in. I started the process in this virt, but I would go even further.

This. I'd be very, very wary of removing either jin. A decision like that can't be taken back. But leaving them for now can always let you remove or shorten one or both later.

Reaction score
Finally...

Screenshot_20181017-134513.png
what do u you guys think ?

I appreciate all the constructive inputs.
feel free to comment.

Thanks
toto

Top Bottom