Where can I find this watering can?

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just bought a Haws off eBay. It’s like a waterfall if I’m not holding it with the rose basically horizontal.

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
I've been through a few of the blue ones, small and large. The rose does break down over time if left in the sun. I repair with goop. The large one is kept in the shade and has remained usable. I got them on ebay. Also have a large dramn, they're vinyl not plastic and are tough. and the rose is copper color metal. I dip them in a barrel of water filled off the roof of a green house. Rain...my only source of water.

Last edited:

Farwest

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I have been using 2 of the haws long reach 2.4 gal. with optional smaller roses for several years and they are the best mix of sturdy and functional. The stem filters suck, but everything else is top notch. The may outlive me! I just bought a couple more spare small roses online from Lee Valley 2 weeks ago. I’ve also been really pleased with their lance. Many thanks to @bonhe for letting us know about these!

Last edited:

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I second Lee Valley.

The smaller rosettes from the little 2 litre red Haws are a lot more delicate than the larger ones. The small ones fit on large Haws cans no problem.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I’m considering closing up some of the holes in my new-ish Haws can with some epoxy to slow the deluge.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Sent the Haws back today and received a $62.90 refund at Amazon
Ordered this metal can 2.6 gallon capacity :)
$35
I'm sure the smaller rose will fit the bill and the increased capacity is a big plus
scurrying out the door to work in the morning.
I normally fill my watering can at night + a 6 gallon bucket to facilitate my next morning time frame.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I purchased this metal watering can from hayneedle about a month ago. So far no issues! https://www.hayneedle.com/product/esschertdesignlongspoutwateringcan.cfm
I actually had that one along with 3 others in my cart at Walmart since there was 24 pages of them
I just kept adding ones I liked to the cart :D
Then went back and did a comparison. I like the metal rose but for less money, an open pail
to reach in and remove debris, more stirring room and double the capacity, hopefully I’ve found
what I’m looking for and with a similar metal rose.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I got 2 Haws watering cans last year. both from Amazon(there are made in UK and i think there is UK website so maybe they are real)
So i got 0.7l one and 2.5l(2.5 is the one Nigel Saunders uses the most)
So, The small one is made from nice plastic and has a Haws logo on it as a small plate, has a patent number at the bottom and couple of other details, i only use it for house plants, its not bad, i could recommend it to someone
On the other hand, 2.5l looks like cheap rip off, plastic is different, looks cheap, no metal logo on it or patent number etc, you can clearly see the way Haws logo was embed, rose did split on the first use, plastic is sooo cheap you can nearly peel it off with your finger nails, so i managed to fix it somehow with a lot of gorrila glue and some tape, it worked but leaks from the bottom of the metal part, also after about a year of use it somehow lost the water flow. i cant open it and clean it, i cant find spare rose for it, so i think her end is soon.
So i would not recommend to buy 2.5l Haws watering can, unless you are in the shop and you can see it and touch it.
I think mine did cost something between 10-15 euro dont remember.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
1586878760880.png
2.6 gallon or roughly 10 L.
So i got 0.7l one and 2.5l(2.5 is the one Nigel Saunders uses the most)
I would have to have a bunch of the 2.5 L cans lined up on my porch every night for the following morning.

The smaller rose is ideal though as you navigate thin and plate like bark and low jins, and be efficient/on target/conservative.
Something the rose on the larger 7L Haws I had fails miserably at.
I did find Haws rose replacements during a watering can search yesterday though, roughly $10 USD.
They had one (rosette kit?) left in the warehouse at Stone lantern last week too.

I will give an update when the Tierra Derco can gets here.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've got a big red hawes can - I really want to like it but I always end up fertilizing just using a generic green can I seem to have had laying around anywhere I've lived.

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just bought a Haws off eBay. It’s like a waterfall if I’m not holding it with the rose basically horizontal.
And now today I noticed the rose has split all the way up where it connects to the can. Total waste of money.

rich815

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I’m using this one below. Plastic but fairly well made. And cheap. Nice shower flow and can be adjusted to more of a steady single stream too. The two handles very useful depending on the height of your plant being watered too. I mix my ferts in a Home Depot 5 gal bucket that I installed a spigot and refill and walk around with the watering can.

9C284A0F-5F00-4AA4-A74A-CEBA7A9EF8CA.jpeg

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
And now today I noticed the rose has split all the way up where it connects to the can. Total waste of money.
Exact the same thing happened to me :) Nigel Swears for his, but i think his was made long time ago and probably made in UK rather than China.
However i like the rose in 2.5L can, its nice soft spread and good water flow but this year im setting up my wand and rain nwater watering system so i guess cans will be only used for fertilizing

Send it back, i got the refund for mine and didnt even have to send it back :)

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Overall I like the Tierra Derco, it came today from Tierra Intl. in Jasper, Indiana.
I thought the handle would be uncomfortable but it has a nice smooth rounded
edge palm side, (its' down facing edge of the handle). The rose is ok. It's a huge improvement over the Haws.
It is much smaller than the 7L Haws, which helps, I would make it even smaller yet, but this is a 2.6 gallon can.
So far it navigates the soil line pretty well, not knocking bark or jins off with it yet :)
Did a video on it, but needs redoing really. I'm boring as heck and ran out of room on the card, so had to delete
a bunch of pictures...
Good can for the $ would like an even longer spout for harder to reach plants away from me when can it heavy.

Another great feature is how the spout does not protrude into the pail cavity. It is flush inside so you get about every drop out.
The rosette threads (female in the rose) onto the spout, and uses a rubber like O-ring to prevent leaks at the connection.

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
View attachment 296056
2.6 gallon or roughly 10 L.

I would have to have a bunch of the 2.5 L cans lined up on my porch every night for the following morning.

The smaller rose is ideal though as you navigate thin and plate like bark and low jins, and be efficient/on target/conservative.
Something the rose on the larger 7L Haws I had fails miserably at.
I did find Haws rose replacements during a watering can search yesterday though, roughly $10 USD.
They had one (rosette kit?) left in the warehouse at Stone lantern last week too.

I will give an update when the Tierra Derco can gets here.
If you have that many trees, you should just get a watering wand and put a 1000 break Dramm head on it.
71R+03GJP5L._AC_SL1361_.jpg

Malix

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I just bought the dramm 5 liter. i expect it'll last a long time. and at $25 bucks the price is good. But the rosette is still a bit more coarse that id like. i just repotted a bunch of trees and i am needing to be a bit careful to not wash away new soils with the flow from this can. won't be an issue with established trees tho.

Top Bottom