Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Al needs a utilikilt...

on_black_1_1.jpg
I hope those rivets are stainless...Al looks like he sweats...ALOT.

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
I am cutting and wiring larch some today--pics later--no kilts or thongs, or outside work, or work in the green house (which is 10 below inside, oh, here comes the sun, maybe 10 above then) . Frozen trees will be drug over to my heated work shop of doom to be defiled.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am cutting and wiring larch some today--pics later--no kilts or thongs, or outside work, or work in the green house (which is 10 below inside, oh, here comes the sun, maybe 10 above then) . Frozen trees will be drug over to my heated work shop of doom to be defiled.
I thought I was a bonsai nut but you guys that live in the snow are the real nuts. You gotta love this more than I do to pursue this is the frigid temps you guys get. I love my 11 month growing season, wouldn't trade it for 1 foot of snow.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought I was a bonsai nut but you guys that live in the snow are the real nuts. You gotta love this more than I do to pursue this is the frigid temps you guys get. I love my 11 month growing season, wouldn't trade it for 1 foot of snow.
How about two feet? Or maybe three after this current storm gets done with us?

11 month growing season sounds better with each passing day. I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That tree poking out is my tallest, Lil more than 3 feet I'd guess. I hate this time of year, all I can do is buy pots, oh and start seeds in my bathroom. My wife is thrilled.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 16

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
That tree poking out is my tallest, Lil more than 3 feet I'd guess. I hate this time of year, all I can do is buy pots, oh and start seeds in my bathroom. My wife is thrilled.

LOL I did my large blue spruce in the living room not to long ago after I put my daughter to bed. I had wireless head phones on so I could watch walking dead at the same time. She just walked out of the hallway, looked at me and just shook her head at my mess :rolleyes:

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I do find myself obsessing with trees and wishing I could work on them over winter but there are advantages to being released from caretaking duties for a good 6 months of the year! IMG_20150214_115301.jpg IMG_20150214_113836.jpg IMG_20150214_113559.jpg IMG_20150214_113527.jpg IMG_20150214_113505.jpg IMG_20150214_113437.jpg Some pics from a 3 month winter expedition into the Indian Himalaya, betcha can't pull that off with your 11 month season eh?

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll do that someday, whenever the old computer comes out of storage, I've done 4 trips back country skiing over there and have a ton of pics but all on the old puter, these ones I just screenshoted from my Facebook page.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I do find myself obsessing with trees and wishing I could work on them over winter but there are advantages to being released from caretaking duties for a good 6 months of the year! View attachment 67521 View attachment 67522 View attachment 67523 View attachment 67524 View attachment 67525 View attachment 67526 Some pics from a 3 month winter expedition into the Indian Himalaya, betcha can't pull that off with your 11 month season eh?
If I was into snow I would be jealous. I do bonsai as a pastime so the snow means nothing to me. Great if you like it!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Soon we will be calling Al,------ Smoke the Flasher. The title for a song along the lines of; Minnie the Moocher and Rocky Raccoon.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Soon we will be calling Al,------ Smoke the Flasher. The title for a song along the lines of; Minnie the Moocher and Rocky Raccoon.
I'm thinkin "My Ding a ling

".

Top Bottom