Worth $300?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Holy crap, that place has some ridiculously priced trees. People talk about facebook auctions but come on...did they mistype the price on this one or am I missing something?

hahahahhahhahhahahha hahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahha

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thank you all for your thoughts, seriously! This may be one of my most controversial posts I've made, with no intention of being that way. 🤣

Ultimately I'm holding off until I find something I really can't live without. I've been looking for a tree I can start refinement techniques on since every tree I have is in development and I learn best by doing.
Don’t forget you can practice refinement on a less expensive tree. Or even smaller tree’s. Just depends on affordability for people.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Take a look at the shohin Trident bonsai trees on Brussels site. They're basically the same price as this one from Ebay (385.00 I believe on Brussels) and don't know if that includes shipping. I don't see any I like better than this Ebay one you showed so clearly that's the going price. Brussels has 24 of them and they're all that price.

Someone described the elms on Greenthumb bonsai as telephone trunks with leaves and I don't think their tridents are that much more appealing. The price is right but the trees are wrong, (for me anyway).

Good luck on your search. If that tree were 300.00 would you buy it? What would you do with the extra 100.00 that will be memorable? If I don't absolutely love a tree I don't want it but I wouldn't not buy it because someone else wouldn't.

I recently posted a Trident shohin that I fell in love with so waiting worked for me but the prices in my area tend to be more reasonable, but there aren't a lot of Tridents here so I got very lucky.

I hope you have that same sort of luck in your search.

Top Bottom