• Yoshiaki

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Roshi

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

jcrossett

Chumono
Reaction score
I'm trying to upgrade my tools. Currently a crappy set from Amazon. I've been researching and these 2 sets seem to be very comparable. This will be my first set of decent tools. Thanks for any information and the poll is for the shy types that don't like to talk. Lol.

jcrossett

Chumono
Reaction score
Yoshiaki tools are well made in Japan and are a good value for your money.
They're the brand I sold for years until they closed down US operations.
Roshi tools are I believe Chinese and won't compare.

If US operations are closed and idea where to purchase.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have the cheapest possible tool (still 20 euro / 19 dollar), and the stainless tools are very good (only a bit too small).

jcrossett

Chumono
Reaction score
The stoneLantern, bonsaiOutlet...still list them. Just the first search results.
They both only carry one pair of shears. A kiri style shear from stone lanturn to be exact. I'm hoping to find a kit or a supplier of more then one or two tools. Stone lanturn is who I been buying from and where I found to roshi tools. A guy teaching me told me about Yoshiaki. As I would usually just take his advice. I couldn't find a set and found the roshi to be similar in price. Thats why this thread was created.

johng

Omono
Reaction score
I have been using roshi tools for several years now and have been nothing but pleased!

Roshi, ryuga, and tinytools...best I can tell all come from the same factory in China.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Trying to find sth more about Yoshiaki I came to this site http://www.j-bonsai.com/product-list/6 . They offer Yoshi and Nobuichi, the second Coy's tools are used by some people I know and they're very satisfied wild them.

I'm +1 for Kaneshin, very good ratio money vs. quality and many tools to find right what I need.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I have had problems with Yoshayaki and Fujiyama tools; the pivot screw bends and then the blades no longer line up.

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I just got my first pair of Masakuni shears - heaven compared to the stainless Roshi pair I've been using (which were also definitely serviceable for the last year or so, just not as nice to use).

jcrossett

Chumono
Reaction score
Masakuni is what the guy teaching me uses I looked up a set of Ss was around 1400 out my range lol. I have a lot of learning to do before I get to them lol.

Top Bottom