Yum yumadori!

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Seema like a lot of junipers which is as it should be !
The yamadori are probably Ash junnipers as they grow around Dallas. Sure would like to get my paws on some of those !!!! Thanks Jeremy

StarTurtle

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
He had all sizes. There was also hundreds of prebonsai black pine. The stuff you would need to graft branches onto. We bought 10 trees for a future grafting workshop for our club. He is fixing to move all of this to another location. His stuff is not open to the public. Hopefully I will find out where it's going for the future. Not all is for sale. He is planning some huge garden. Hope to see it someday.

We ended up with 12 JBP for the club. I picked up 7 JBP for myself at an incredibly great price. Will post some pics soon, too see what you would do with them.

Jeremy how the heck you get that out of your truck it took 3 of us to put it in there

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There was some great JPB stock. Can't wait for the grafting workshop. Thanks again for the help. I could not have got it in there without you guys. I have a hydraulic lift cart that raises up to the height of my truck. I never picked this guy up at all. Just scooted it around. It has to weigh over 300lbs. The Cart is priceless. Never say you can't handle bigs trees. It's doable with the right equipment. The cart is under the tree in the last pic. Goes to the ground up to 34 inches with a foot peddle. Lifts 500lb. It also works great to work on trees as you can raise and lower it to your workable level.

Last edited:

cascade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Some of the trees are not supported or supported in a way I don't quite understand ( screws?).
These trees are quite old. Wondering when and where they were collected?

Best,
Dorothy

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like one x ones with small screws.... Easily carved out as these trees will need a little touch up anyways. You can see in the pics. I am trying to figure out where they were collected. They were plenty stable. They crossed the country like this and are in good health. They have been here one to two years in a shade house. Very healthy material. Not much to worry about except how to afford one. I think quite old is an understatement when thinking centuries

Last edited:

apolito

Seed
Reaction score
Junipers

Nice trees. Did he tell you what kind they were? Rocky Mtn? Western? Pinchoti? Monosperma?

We have a guy out here in Oregon who collects lots of these and sells as well. His are spendy but excellent. Walter Pall and Ryan Neil are big customers of his.

Al

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Would his name be randy knight???

Last edited:

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
That's an impressive collection! They look like California junipers to me. Maybe just 1-2 years from collection. The pumice still looks pretty white and clean. The boxes look fairly new. They might do well in that part of Texas because they can tolerate the heat. Good luck to them. Please let us know what type of junipers these are.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yes amazing trees! Some look like they might even rival Randy Knight's trees. Among the best I have seen anywhere. I do hope that at least some of these trees fall into the hands of someone that's able to do them justice.

Thanks for sharing Jeremy!

Last edited:

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Very nice! I wonder what type of collected junipers those are I cannot tell from the pics. They kind of look like Western Juniper to me, but I could very much be wrong.

Last edited:

tom tynan

Mame
Reaction score
Some of the trees are not supported or supported in a way I don't quite understand ( screws?).
These trees are quite old. Wondering when and where they were collected?

Best,
Dorothy

Looks like wooden braces secured to sides of the box and then into deadwood ? Not usual but I guess if you have a hundred of these a few small holes is no big deal.....

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I remember a couple of years ago having a discussion over at the IBC site about an individual who had this enormous collection of Yamadori, mostly Junipers and was not interested in selling any of them. No one could figure out what he wanted with them. He was also moving to Texas. One is left scratching head that this might be the same guy. I believe this was during the time when everybody was all worked up about those who harvest trees and let them die, around the time Ryan was coming back from Japan.i

Top Bottom