Bamboo Bonsai

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see almost nothing here on bamboo bonsai in the archives. Has anyone here anything to share?

I have 2seedlings growing... 1-2 clones.. only like 4” high.. recovering (ugly-like) from a cold snap and it’s move indoors..

In conversations with OL (Original Leo)... I’ve learned that it will be several years before identification is possible.

Yeap.
But it is a kusamono and it its made (styled) to resemble a bamboo forest.
It it is an excellent job. Horsetail has its own very real charm and in general appearance it alludes to bamboo. Culture / care is quite different.
I have half a dozen bamboo in the ground, including two species of Fargesia that are tight clump forming bamboo. I also have a pretty good sized clump of Bambusa ventricosa, the "Buddha Belly" tropical bamboo. I am interested in communicating with other that may have bonsai bamboo. I thought I would find that here.
Thank you to everyone who has responded.

knot-weed bamboo bonsai anyone? just kidding. its extremely invasive. i heard Michigan property values are affected because they love growing thru concrete foundations and are super tough to get rid of.
1603995215311.png

Back
Top Bottom