2020... What a DISAPPOINTING year !!! !!!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah 2020 has been a bit of a mess. I'm no longer working and ended up having to monetize my hobbies to help with bills- thank goodness people still need music and my wife's music school has bounced back. I'm hustling microgreens, bonsai, and bass lessons pretty much 7 days a week now to help make ends meet. I've always advocated taking the interesting path in life, but I always figured it would be a voluntary thing. So far no pets lost, though with a 16 year old dog, 15 year old cat, and then additional young cat that weighs in at at least 3.2 cats, it wouldn't be a shock.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I lost several friends, one to COVID, one to cancer and one to suicide. 2020 is a pile of shit. Only lost a couple plants though, but the year has been a poor growing year here in Portland. It started cold and rainy and stayed that way for too long, then the fires all over Oregon and Washington caused a week of cold and dark that caused many trees to start going into dormancy. One maple that was partially defoliated a bit later in the season never opened buds, but they appear alive at least. Several trees fell over from the high winds that caused the fires to spread rapidly, and critters knocked many others over.

Critters are becoming a big problem this year, actually for the first time since I lived in northwest Washington state and had deer problems, so I'm going to add wire mesh to my deciduous trees at the bases over the winter, otherwise I'm afraid the bark will be chewed. Might invest in a pellet gun too.

Top Bottom