8th U.S. National Bonsai Exhibition, Rochester, NY, USA, September 9-10, 2023

Just want to wish everyone who is able to go the best time ever. I wanted to go badly, but I have had some cardio condition for which I will recieve treatment the end of October. This is also the reason I have not been on this site as much as I used to. Don't want to fuss over that, just want you to know I think its fabulous if you can make it, and don't put such things off or you may miss the opportunity.
Hope you feel better soon!

This is killing me. I had planned on attending with my 12y.o. kiddo back in early spring but we had obligations arise. Now I’m cut loose but have no tickets, no lodging and an 8 hour ride between me and the show with just the possibility of Sunday tickets as an enticement… oh yeah, then work on Monday 🤦‍♂️

Part of me says “screw it” and just get up in the morning and start driving… the other part is reminding me of all the regret I may feel at 5a.m. Monday morning back at work😅

🤷🏻‍♂️

Dew it.

You cats at the Double Tree?
The kids are so rude and VERY noisy here.

Yup. Earlier they were throwing toys off the 6th story on to the bar.

My buddy is staying at the Fairfield, he says its the same. Theres some kids hockey tournament in town.

All set up! Some beautiful bonsai by Suthin. I adored the hinoki but it is long sold. 🥲
Our flight from chicago kept getting delayed and we got worried it would cancel so we last minute changed it to go into buffalo and had to rent a one day car to rochester (and trade that in for a Rochester rental). In Buffalo we got real buffalo wings at Sal’s and ‘hand rolled logs’. They were like mega beefy eggrolls stuffed with cheese and salami. 😂

flights have been horrid. Nao’s sister’s flight was canceled and rescheduled too late for her to help with setup so we are down a helper this weekend. Some fellows from Puerto Rico had their flight cancelled. My friend’s flight from Philly was cancelled but he luckily rebooked to arrive an hour later. Is Rochester airort cursed?? 😬
IMG_3642.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3622.jpeg
    IMG_3622.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3611.jpeg
    IMG_3611.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3626.jpeg
    IMG_3626.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3628.jpeg