Accidental semi-cascade orchid!

AnutterBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Coworkers threw this poor little one in the trash after it spent it’s blooms. Have been able to nurse it back to health and accidentally re-potted it semi-cascade haha! Always love it playing nurse and seeing plants bounce back.

Attachments

• C36E3D92-38A2-419E-8256-CB7E9D17EFE0.jpeg
    C36E3D92-38A2-419E-8256-CB7E9D17EFE0.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 48

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Indeed. Had just finished watching The Tomorrow War (movie) so needed a bit of darkness. They’re back up to 100% efficiency

Do you know what color it is? My white one was in flower on a first stem from January until June. The last flower finally died out 2 days before stem number 2 opened its first flower! I don't think it's quite strong enough to bloom year round yet...but it's close!

Typically, the more reds in the flower of that species, the faster the die out :(

I couldn't watch The Tomorrow War without wanting to buy insurance ;) (JK Simmons)

AnutterBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Wish I had seen its blooms before it got thrown out but alas the spike was all brown so no idea :(
Hope yours keeps on giving !
Yeah, Simmons was great in it! And quite the buff guy (compared to whiplash, et. al.)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I keep a few at my office at work in an eastern exposure window. They are almost always blooming. When one flower spike is done, they quickly throw another one.

Top Bottom