Am i doing good with this repotted Maple ?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Wow.. I thought Monspessulanums were zone 5....

(I actually HAD some growing)

They caught late frost.

🤓

IIppon

Sapling
Reaction score
:cool:

Fun to do, yes.

Not that hard : huh huh...
When I say not that hard I mean basically few cuts,alignment, tape and seal. Ahah but watering seems to be not that hard too lol however I heard that even bonsai masters are still working on it after many years.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks for the link Alain! I'll definitely check for other species just for fun ^^
And you Garden is very cool ! Your son seems to do a great job is he into bonsai too ?

Timberlakers, after Alain talked about grafting I went to check some videos on yt, it look not that hard and pretty fun to do, the only issue is that there are some fails, and as long as Maples are not especially common here and can be expensive in compare to other species I wouldn't risk it for now. By the way I paid about 30 euros for this small maple. What do you think about the price in compare to Europe or Usa?

As Alain alluded to - grafting can be tricky even if you do everything right.

Given Maples are hard to find for you - I'd probably choose the same. Glad you were able to get your hands on one.

Maples I've purchased in that size usually run me $15 to $30, and potentially higher for a harder to find type like Arakawa.

IIppon

Sapling
Reaction score
Glad to hear it, I wouldn't spend "that much" if the seller wasn't that serious of a grower, and to be honest I would rather pay more from a serious seller and getting nice after sale advice and care.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Glad to hear it, I wouldn't spend "that much" if the seller wasn't that serious of a grower, and to be honest I would rather pay more from a serious seller and getting nice after sale advice and care.
Lot of time, energy and money invested in keeping hard-to-find plants available.

You can find a bigger maple here for similar price, but then you move it 8,000 miles. :)

Top Bottom