And 9 months later....

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, it is now 9 months (what a coincidence :)) of the first tree that I acquired with a view to making it bonsai. It is a lemon cypress, cupressus macrocarpa "gold crest" ( 2.5€), to which I have done all kinds of doggies, and with which I have made many mistakes (the first, buying a toothpick instead of a log) .
Now, looking at it, it seems that it has grown quite a bit .....
In the photos, the first is of the bonsai that a friend gave me a week before (that triggered my bonsai fever), and next to it you can see the cypress.
I have also put a tanuki (a twig that I found in the garden and applied jin liquid), so if you consider it heresy, better not scroll down.

Well, the truth is that I am deciding which is going to be the front (as I put it in a round pot, anyone will do ;)). Would you tell me the photo number from 1 to 8, which seems more attractive? (Or tell me 0 if you like none)

IMG_20201022_181349.jpg

DSC_7806 (2).jpg

DSC_7807 (2).jpg

DSC_7808 (2).jpg

DSC_7809 (2).jpg

DSC_7810 (2).jpg

DSC_7811 (2).jpg

DSC_7812 (2).jpg

DSC_7813 (2).jpg

Any thoughts welcome, (just don´t be too harsh, I'm a beginner).
Thanks in advance

Darran

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think 5, if you turn it slightly clockwise, so the trunk is more visible, I think it would have good depth with rear branches and those more open welcoming lower ones.

but I’m just a beginner and no expert.

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the silhouette of 8 -- seems to have the best of 4 & 5 together -- and how the branches show that graceful line of the trunk. (A newer newbie opinion, mind you!)

Top Bottom