Artificial light hours indoors

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I actually saw your post scrolling :) I like your set up and your will of experimenting. I am the same way I love to experiment just haven't gotten into hydro :) I like your lights by the way, my top light will eventually dropped down to the second tear and I will have a 4 high output T5 by 2 ft long on the top.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The little led lights on the top of the wall? Haha don't get to bent out of shape they have been put up but my girl in our jam room they are 7 different color changing strip lights that literally cost pennies.. It's a decoration I was just wondering if I put it on the dull red setting at night of the plants would like it.
I meant the LED horticulture lights, or even T5 fixtures.
The mood lights you have on the ceiling are really cool, I wish I had time to sit and enjoy a room like that.... Chill

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I would have my T5's on 13 to 6 hours a day then have the red leds on till the morning?

The Red LED's won't make any difference - not quite the right thing but the right thought process. We run all of our indoor lights Full Spectrum on timers 16 hours a day but 8 hours on 4 hours off as they do in large greenhouse operations.

Airial roots :)

Better make sure you have a LOT of air circulation in there, our plant room has a ceiling fan running on low in reverse 24 hours a day. In addition I run a Hepa air filter 16 hours a day. The room is painted top to bottom trim and all with mold and mildew proof paint but the air circulation is super important and I don't run the humidity that high in any area.

Grimmy

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The Red LED's won't make any difference - not quite the right thing but the right thought process. We run all of our indoor lights Full Spectrum on timers 16 hours a day but 8 hours on 4 hours off as they do in large greenhouse operations.

Better make sure you have a LOT of air circulation in there, our plant room has a ceiling fan running on low in reverse 24 hours a day. In addition I run a Hepa air filter 16 hours a day. The room is painted top to bottom trim and all with mold and mildew proof paint but the air circulation is super important and I don't run the humidity that high in any area.

Grimmy

I think mold kicks in quicker when the temp is higher and air quality is scarce. Maybe.

Attachments

• 20170918_133809.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Awesome viv!!!

I have a 125 gallon salt water tank sitting in a storage unit I was going to use for my corn snake but realized it would be too small so I planned on doing some sort of viv; just haven't got to it (it's been years)...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Awesome viv!!!

I have a 125 gallon salt water tank sitting in a storage unit I was going to use for my corn snake but realized it would be too small so I planned on doing some sort of viv; just haven't got to it (it's been years)...
Thank man mine is just sitting empty in my room, it's a zoo med 18 18 36 I belive. My wife wanted me to sell it and someone offered me a hundo and I was like no way expecially with the custom back splash full block of moss woodchips and a custom sprayer and humidifier lol now it's sitting in my jam room sadly empty.

Top Bottom