Bald Cypress Seedlings?

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I have a bald cypress I got while I lived in Houston. One side has nice nebari, the other side, nothing. So I was thinking of doing an approach graft next spring using a BC seedling. Does anyone know where I can buy a few/3? The only ones I've found are from nursery's that require buying like 50.

Thanks for any ideas!
Chris

FrankP999

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
www.wildlifegroup.com sells small 12-24 inch for $1 each and $2 for 24-36 inch. I have bought from them before and was pleased. I would order some extra as a few of the smallest ones I ordered did not make it. They have a ten tree minimum.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Fantastic FrankP999! Thank You So Much for the link. I've already emailed them. My trunk at the base is about 3" wide. Do you have any suggestions as to which height of the seedlings would be best for my graft? If not, no worries, I'll just buy some of both ;)

Thanks Again FrankP999!!

FrankP999

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You are welcome. Without seeing the tree, I can't tell you which size would work best. As you say, order some of each. Good luck

Frank

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just in case anyone needs another place, I have gotten BC seedlings from Bonsai Mart. They even have a forest "kit" that includes a number of trees in different sizes, so you can have your number 1,2,and 3 trees at the same time...

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I started some cuttings earlier. These will be for nebari development. I also plan on carving this up this fall.

Attachments

• untitled-46.jpg
    untitled-46.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 18
  • untitled-74.jpg
    untitled-74.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom